We, the American people, are united by our divisions

03 Nov 2010 11:00 #1 by Wayne Harrison
All election night the message was about how the people have spoken with a clear voice and returned Republicans to power.

In Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul called it the “Tea Party tidal wave.”

Or the soon-to-be Speaker of the House, John Boehner, said “it’s clear tonight who the real winners are, that’s the American people.” He said change begins again because the “American people are demanding a new way forward.”

Sorry. I beg to differ. Division won. A Republican House of Representatives, a Democratic Senate and White House. (And, if you want to get snippy about it, I would add a Republican-controlled Supreme Court to this list).

We, the American people, are united by our divisions.

http://www.hcn.org/blogs/range/we-the-a ... dium=email

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2010 11:06 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Does the Progressives need some extra thumbs to suck today?

That blog just shows how Progressives believe they know what's best for people instead of the people telling them.

Now, all of sudden, the Progressives want to find some middle ground. :lol:

03 Nov 2010 11:12 #3 by Wayne Harrison
High Country News hardly qualifies as a "blog." It's a newspaper that covers large swatch of the West.

I'm also not sure a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes qualifies as a Progressive.

03 Nov 2010 11:44 #4 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: High Country News hardly qualifies as a "blog." It's a newspaper that covers large swatch of the West.

I'm also not sure a member of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes qualifies as a Progressive.

Are you saying an Indian can't be a Progressive.....hum, why does Ward Churchhill comes to mind. :lol: Yes, he's probably too extreme...Churchhill and Grayson would make a great homosexual progressive couple.

03 Nov 2010 11:46 #5 by ShilohLady
I actually prefer when one party DOES NOT control all 3 (House, Senate, President) - that means that anything that is passed has a semblance of being balanced and fair and not one party ramming it's agenda through.

03 Nov 2010 11:49 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Churchill is a wanna-be Native American.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds