VETERANS DAY AROUND THE CORNER

03 Nov 2010 21:16 #1 by navycpo7
On Thursday Nov 11, 2010 we will honor the veterans of this country. This includes those that gave all for our country. Something as simple as telling a Veteran or those serving Thank you does more than anything.

At the MRC (mountain Resource Center) at 12 noon we will be dedicating the Battle Cross. For those that have served you know what it means For those that do not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Sol ... ttle_Cross Here is a link. The public is invited to attend. There will be refreshments after.

On this day, I ask that you remember those that are presently serving overseas around the globe. Take a moment to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Take a moment of silence to say Thank you to all those men and women. It is not a day of celebrating but a day of honoring.

Kirk Rosa
Chief Petty Officer, United States Navy, Retired.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2010 21:29 #2 by Sarah
I work... but wish I could attend sorry.................

04 Nov 2010 07:04 #3 by Photo-fish

navycpo7 wrote: On Thursday Nov 11, 2010 we will honor the veterans of this country. This includes those that gave all for our country. Something as simple as telling a Veteran or those serving Thank you does more than anything.

At the MRC (mountain Resource Center) at 12 noon we will be dedicating the Battle Cross. For those that have served you know what it means For those that do not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Sol ... ttle_Cross Here is a link. The public is invited to attend. There will be refreshments after.

On this day, I ask that you remember those that are presently serving overseas around the globe. Take a moment to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Take a moment of silence to say Thank you to all those men and women. It is not a day of celebrating but a day of honoring.

Kirk Rosa
Chief Petty Officer, United States Navy, Retired.

GREAT POST!!

Also on this day, take some time to write your representative a letter to urge them to speed up the removal of our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 Nov 2010 08:08 #4 by outdoor338
Thank you Vets! My dad served 37 years in the army...thank God for each one of you!

05 Nov 2010 06:30 #5 by Nmysys
If any post deserves to stay at the forefront of people's minds it is this. Enjoy your freedom, enjoy the America that we have been fortunate enough to be born in and that has survived to this day as a result of the young men and women who so proudly serve, so that you may have this freedom.

05 Nov 2010 06:48 #6 by AV8OR
Can this be made a temporary sticky?

05 Nov 2010 06:56 #7 by Photo-fish

AV8OR wrote: Can this be made a temporary sticky?

We should all do the right thing and just bump it every hour. :thumbsup:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

05 Nov 2010 08:45 #8 by Photo-fish

05 Nov 2010 08:53 #9 by Grady
Don't forget the Marine Corps Birthday 11/10/10 235 years
Not bad for a branch of the service started in a tavern.
Semper Fi

05 Nov 2010 08:55 #10 by Nmysys
Not a bad branch of the service either, Semper Fi, my friend!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds