Rep. Bachmann Blasts Obama's Pricey Asia Trip

04 Nov 2010 17:04 #1 by outdoor338
Minnesota Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann has blasted the White House for what she calls “over-the-top” spending on President Obama’s upcoming trip to Asia.

Obama leaves Friday on a trip that begins in India and will also take him to Indonesia, South Korea and Japan. Reports are circulating that the president and his entourage of about 3,000 officials, business people, journalists, and security personnel will spend some $200 million a day during his 4-day visit to India, which would put the tab for the entire trip well over $1 billion.

“We have never seen this sort of an entourage going with the president before,” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in an interview that aired on Wednesday.

“And I think this is an example of the massive overspending that we’ve seen, not only just in the last two years, really in the last four.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/RepB ... ode=B0E0-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Nov 2010 17:06 #2 by Something the Dog Said

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

04 Nov 2010 17:13 #3 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Something the Dog Said wrote: What a moron!

Who? obamadinejad or you?

04 Nov 2010 17:21 #4 by outdoor338
Ted, me thinks something the dog said, is upset the libs took a beating big time on Tuesday! Bachmann is telling it the way it is..obama is running away from Tuesdays beating.

04 Nov 2010 18:14 #5 by Residenttroll returns
Here's what I posted on another thread. I am still awaiting PineGuy's response.

Why doesn't the White House sell us on the value on the trip? Disclose the cost of the trip? and most importantly, tell us why Obama wants to participate in Diwali?

In the corporate world, if you company isn't cash flowing or doesn't have the money, you don't conduct corporate travel. They don't have the luxury of printing cash and forcing customers to pay for our services.

That doesn't hold true for the government. Spend, Spend, Spend - don't worry we will just go to the Xerox and print some Obama bucks and fly to India. I can only assume the reason Obama wants to participate in Diwali is to worship Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Wait, maybe Obama is the Lakshmi to the Indians. He certainly has been Lakshmi to the unions.

04 Nov 2010 18:15 #6 by Scruffy
Outdoor, it's already been discussed in another thread the the "PER DAY" part of the story is incorrect. It's more like $200 mill for the entire week trip.

You really need to check your facts more thoroughly, and for Gods sake, stop reading NewsMax. They never get anything right.

04 Nov 2010 18:20 #7 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote: Outdoor, it's already been discussed in another thread the the "PER DAY" part of the story is incorrect. It's more like $200 mill for the entire week trip.

You really need to check your facts more thoroughly, and for Gods sake, stop reading NewsMax. They never get anything right.

$200 million for the entire week trip. That's heck of a deal. Did Obama get a Groupon coupon?

Why can't he just stay at home and we give each red state a $5 million bonus?

04 Nov 2010 19:25 #8 by LadyJazzer
Don't you love it... One right-wing moron like Outdoor writes it in a blog...unsourced, untrue, total fabricated bullcrap...and within 10 minutes it becomes a "linkable source" for the next right-wing moron like RT, and within 10 more minutes the right-wing blogosphere has their little closed-world around it, and they're all reporting that "it's true!" because they "read it on the Internet"...

You can't make this crap up... (unless, of course, you're a right-wing moron...) It's like a snake eating its own tail.

:Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: :bash ... and: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

04 Nov 2010 19:49 #9 by outdoor338
Man, I thought you fell down the well this afternoon, that's what was reported in Arvada, they didn't know if it was a man or woman that fell in, so I thought it was you. Well, LJ..seems you still have a BA about getting spanked Tuesday..it sure was fun, now we will take care of business in 2012, are you planning on moving out of the country, we could only hope!

04 Nov 2010 19:54 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Anderson Cooper asked Bachmann how she came up with the number.

"These are the numbers that have been coming out in the press," Bachmann said.

Actually it's a figure that came from just one source, a news agency in India, relying on an anonymous source. It was then repeated thousands more times in the blogosphere and over conservative airwaves.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/sta ... ndia-will/

Matt Lehrich, White House Office of Media Affairs: The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it’s safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds