The Midterms: Lessons Learned and the Way Forward

06 Nov 2010 13:14 #11 by lionshead2010
I read this column today and thought Kathleen Parker made some good points. Question is….is anyone listening?

Kathleen Parker: An election message that's hard to miss

Democrats have talked endlessly about the importance of narrative – missing in President Barrack Obama’s case. We've heard again and again about the lack of smart messaging and the president's failure to communicate. If only Obama could better express himself, all would be well.

Here's a narrative: You can't sell people what they don't want, no matter how mellifluous your pitch. This is the message of the midterm elections, and who didn't know? …..Only Democrats, apparently.

There were so many clues, even the clueless should have seen what was coming…. Instead of hearing the people's voices, Democrats and the White House doubled down and began to demonize the opposition. They're the problem. Except, alas, "they" were The People. And their voices were being ignored.

Obama didn't need to be a better communicator. He needed to be a better listener. End of story.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 4377e.html

I think she is spot on. Let's hope the new batch of elected officials is listening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2010 15:44 #12 by Wayne Harrison
"Obama didn't need to be a better communicator. He needed to be a better listener."

I have to agree.

06 Nov 2010 15:50 #13 by Blazer Bob

Pineguy wrote: "Obama didn't need to be a better communicator. He needed to be a better listener."

I have to agree.

Do you agree with this part?

"Instead of hearing the people's voices, Democrats and the White House doubled down and began to demonize the opposition."

06 Nov 2010 17:42 #14 by Wayne Harrison
I agree with this part of it..

"Democrats and the White House doubled down..."

As for demonizing the opposition, I present Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh as exhibit A & B.

06 Nov 2010 17:49 #15 by The Viking

Pineguy wrote: I agree with this part of it..

"Democrats and the White House doubled down..."

As for demonizing the opposition, I present Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh as exhibit A & B.

Limbaugh and Beck are elected officials now???? When did that happen?? I thought they were just media personalities and we all know that Hollywood and most media has been criticizing politicians for decades. So isn't that just the First Amendment at work? Are you saying that is the same thing as the President of our country demonizing the half of the nation that doesn't agree with him? You really are comparing the two? I thought this thread was about the lessons learned by our congress and the President. How did Beck and Limbaugh get lumped in with them?

06 Nov 2010 17:57 #16 by Nmysys
Oh wise and venerable one Pineguy, please tell us the way forward!! From your impartial news sources teach us our lessons and lead us On mighty One. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even when we win the left wants to tell us what to do. What a jerk!!!

06 Nov 2010 20:22 #17 by Wayne Harrison
The joke is on you, Nymsys.

It's obvious you didn't even read the article I linked to, since you called it "impartial." But even though you didn't read it, you still you want to criticize it.

Surprise! It's an article written by Sarah Palin for conservatives!!! She's the one telling you what to do.

Boy, don't you feel stupid now? rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

06 Nov 2010 20:31 #18 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

06 Nov 2010 20:36 #19 by outdoor338
Pine it was a good read, why should Nmysys feel stupid? Because you say so :Koolaid: . I have seen him hold back from making you look like a fool many times, turn about is fair play I guess. Just a matter of time! :crossed: :biggrin:

06 Nov 2010 20:53 #20 by Wayne Harrison

outdoor338 wrote: Pine it was a good read, why should Nmysys feel stupid? Because you say so :Koolaid:

Since you have trouble comprehending, because he posted this:

Nmysys wrote: Oh wise and venerable one Pineguy, please tell us the way forward!! From your impartial news sources teach us our lessons and lead us On mighty One. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even when we win the left wants to tell us what to do. What a jerk!!!

And the article I posted wasn't some lefty telling the right what to do. It was Sarah Palin telling the right what to do. But he went ahead and criticized without even bothering to read it.

I post a ring-wing article by Sarah Palin and still he wants to criticize me for posting it.

So now he's criticizing Sarah Palin. That's why he should feel stupid.

(You guys get together and see how you want to respond as you usually do, since you obviously can't think for yourself)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds