Rand Paul: Both Parties Are At Fault

09 Nov 2010 16:23 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock
Please, forgve my intrusion into the discussion, but Rand Paul truly exemplifies the Tea Party values. No one wishes to deny anyone's right to speak his mind and no one wants all people to believe the same. All the Tea Party members believe is that each man has a voice and a vote.

Pineguy, you really should think about what the Tea Party stands for and not concentrate on what we are against.

I think you will learn a lot from your neighbors and friends and furthermore realize that there is much more at stake in our nation that what is broadcast in the mainstream media.

You may at first glance think that this is a conspiratorial movement, but I'm cetain upon a deeper look and some introspection, you will find that many seek only to be free and to follow a rule of law that has existed for centuries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2010 16:27 #12 by Nmysys
JH:

Don't you know by now that it is impossible to get through to Progressives with logic?

Shame on you for trying to be nice to this delusional person!!!

09 Nov 2010 16:54 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
Well, there I go again!

I do think that armed with proper information, a person may reason that right = right. :Crying:

09 Nov 2010 19:53 #14 by Wayne Harrison

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: Please, forgve my intrusion into the discussion, but Rand Paul truly exemplifies the Tea Party values. No one wishes to deny anyone's right to speak his mind and no one wants all people to believe the same. All the Tea Party members believe is that each man has a voice and a vote.

Pineguy, you really should think about what the Tea Party stands for and not concentrate on what we are against.

I think you will learn a lot from your neighbors and friends and furthermore realize that there is much more at stake in our nation that what is broadcast in the mainstream media.

You may at first glance think that this is a conspiratorial movement, but I'm cetain upon a deeper look and some introspection, you will find that many seek only to be free and to follow a rule of law that has existed for centuries.

I tend to vote the candidate, not the party. I always have. That's why I voted for Ross Perot and George Bush (the first time).

I found Rand Paul's respectful approach toward party opposition very refreshing and not at all like "My way or the highway." He sounds as though he truly wants to work with the opposition for the betterment of the country. Not once did I hear him belittle the opposition or call them names or call them unpatriotic. That's very different from the behavior I've seen here from some self-professed Tea Party members who seem to revel in calling other posters names and then turn around invite them to Tea Party meetings.

It's like someone saying to you, "You're a jerk. You're an asshole. None of your opinions have any value to me. Hey, want to come to my house and meet my friends who think the same way I do?"

09 Nov 2010 21:41 #15 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: Not once did I hear him belittle the opposition or call them names or call them unpatriotic. That's very different from the behavior I've seen here from some self-professed Tea Party members who seem to revel in calling other posters names and then turn around invite them to Tea Party meetings.

It's like someone saying to you, "You're a jerk. You're an asshole. None of your opinions have any value to me. Hey, want to come to my house and meet my friends who think the same way I do?"

Can you explain this leftist elitist remarks about Republican conservatives who won?

If you look at the U.S., you look at who we're electing to Congress, to the Senate--they can't read," he said. "I'll bet you a bunch of these people don't have passports."

Mayor and Liberal Billionaire Bloomberg , Yesterday

National Public Radio President Vivian Schiller, who made headlines for firing news analyst Juan Williams, a Fox News contributor, told an audience Sunday that NPR's viewers are a league apart from those of other media organizations -- a hypothesis proven by its comments section on the network's website.

Schiller, who was speaking at St. John's Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C., said the comments section of most media websites are full of "people yelling at each other" and "going off-subject."

But NPR's commentators - and, she infers, its audience - are "intelligent and informed."

Yesterday

and I will not even start listing citations of Keith Olbermann's Worst Person of the Day belittling and name calling comments about Republicans, women, and conservatives.

09 Nov 2010 22:55 #16 by Wayne Harrison
RT, I started this discussion about Rand Paul being respectful and why I found his approach refreshing. If you want to complain about someone, start your own thread. Don't hijack this one.

10 Nov 2010 07:03 #17 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: Well, there I go again!

I do think that armed with proper information, a person may reason that right = right. :Crying:

Thou doth jest too frequently. rofllol rofllol :lol:

You are talking about libtards with a mental illness.

10 Nov 2010 07:41 #18 by Wayne Harrison
I rest my case.

10 Nov 2010 08:13 #19 by RenegadeCJ
I'm a fan of Rand Paul. He says the same thing I've been saying for awhile. Both parties faults. Until the last 2 yrs, nobody had an unchecked majority, so the blame lies with all.

The point is...we have to do something to stop spending. We will never be able to tax ourselves to prosperity. We can't continue down this road to ruin.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

10 Nov 2010 09:35 #20 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: RT, I started this discussion about Rand Paul being respectful and why I found his approach refreshing. If you want to complain about someone, start your own thread. Don't hijack this one.

I am being respectful too. I was challenging your remarks relative to conservatives. It would be only fair and respectful...and even refreshing to hear you defend or denounce the remarks noted.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds