Triage: CU & CSU Versus Public Schools?

10 Nov 2010 13:31 - 10 Nov 2010 15:22 #1 by FredHayek
In the face of massive state budget cuts, do you think it is time that the money for CU & CSU go instead to local school districts? It seems elitest to take money from our elementary and high schools so that out of state kids and a few select Coloradoans get to save on their tuition.

Agree with me, or do you think it is worthwhile letting a few lucky kids go to college at taxpayer expense?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2010 13:48 #2 by Nobody that matters
Just spitballing... instead of just being 'in state' to qualify for reduced tuition, maybe put GPA requirements on it as well. Let's invest in the brightest, and spend the rest in elementary, middle and high schools, thus making more of the brightest.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10 Nov 2010 16:13 #3 by Travelingirl
when the public schools stop wasting so much money and stop pouring money into educating illegal aliens and their anchor babies, maybe then. Once they humble themselves and learn a few lessons from some of the private schools out there that run on a shoestring budget and turn out highly educated students, maybe then.

10 Nov 2010 16:14 #4 by Scruffy
Why stop there? We should defund all those schools and their elitist attitudes. Who needs smart kids? We got common sense! That was enuff for my dad and it's enuff for me.

11 Nov 2010 08:00 #5 by FredHayek

Scruffy wrote: Why stop there? We should defund all those schools and their elitist attitudes. Who needs smart kids? We got common sense! That was enuff for my dad and it's enuff for me.

It isn't about defunding, it is about needed cutbacks. I know the Left thinks that goverment has unlimited funds for all their special projects but the taxpayers are broke, and the Feds can't find people to give them more money.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds