VETERANS DAY

10 Nov 2010 18:42 #1 by navycpo7
VETERANS DAY was created by navycpo7
Thank you to all the Veterans and those serving today. Please do not forget those that cannot be with us. Remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. :Thank you :usa: :fwave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Nov 2010 07:00 #2 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic VETERANS DAY
I spent some time yesterday with my uncle (a Pearl Harbor survivor and 90 yrs. old), he loved the chocolate shake. Also went by Fort Logan to see and clean up around my folks headstone. Each time I stop by, there seems to be at least one or two funerals taking place. Thanks to all, especially those who gave all.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

11 Nov 2010 07:05 #3 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic VETERANS DAY

HEARTLESS wrote: I spent some time yesterday with my uncle (a Pearl Harbor survivor and 90 yrs. old), he loved the chocolate shake. Also went by Fort Logan to see and clean up around my folks headstone. Each time I stop by, there seems to be at least one or two funerals taking place. Thanks to all, especially those who gave all.

You are doing better than me, I have a hard time going down to Ft Logan. With the number of Veterans we are losing everyday,

11 Nov 2010 07:25 #4 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic VETERANS DAY
Ya..I agree with you navy, seems like our fathers who served in WW11 are getting smaller in number. More pass away each year, I have seen so many of these men and women stand proud and tall for how they served this great nation. Its difficult to go to a National cemetery sometimes, seeing families gathered together, while hearing the sound of taps echoing where you stand. Brings tears to my eyes!

11 Nov 2010 07:44 #5 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Replied by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on topic VETERANS DAY
:Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:  :Thanks:

[youtube:198rxobs]
[/youtube:198rxobs]

11 Nov 2010 07:56 #6 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Replied by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on topic VETERANS DAY
[youtube:2qoy065b]
[/youtube:2qoy065b]

11 Nov 2017 09:01 #7 by Mountain-News-Events
Replied by Mountain-News-Events on topic VETERANS DAY
"On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free."
~Dan Lipinski
:remember: :homebrave: :Thank you
Today we want to not only express our gratitude and thanks to all whom have served and are now serving, we would like to pass along this information below to remind us all of ways to help support our heroes.

"By reaching out, you can help someone going through a difficult time feel included and supported. Small actions of support — calling up an old friend or bringing over dinner — are thoughtful ways to show you care. Whether you have one minute, one hour, or more time over the course of a week, you can help someone feel less alone."

You can also donate your time and/or some money to Mountain Resource Center: Veterans Support Services.

Schedule a donation to them on CO Gives Day: www.coloradogives.org/index.php?section=...wDonation&fwID=27214

www.veteranscrisisline.net/About/VeteranSuicide.aspx

:usa:

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds