$$$-strapped CO state parks may open up to oil, gas drilling

17 Nov 2010 15:38 #1 by Photo-fish
Cash-strapped Colo. state parks may open up to more oil, gas drilling.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16623845

Just a bad idea in my opinion. Before you say "Typical Librul-enviro-turd". Let me just say that you don't have to be a liberal too disagree with this. The only way I could go for something like this is if they used directional boring from far enough outside the Parks Boundaries. I would also not allow any equipment, pipelines or vehicle tracking through the Parks for the exploration and aquisition of the gas and oil.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2010 15:42 #2 by FredHayek
If they used directional boring, the adjacent landowners would get the royalties right?
Personally I like the idea of keeping our oil underground and bleed OPEC & Russia dry.

And I just have to say it...
"I drink your milkshake." :lol:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Nov 2010 16:02 #3 by Photo-fish

SS109 wrote: "I drink your milkshake."

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

17 Nov 2010 16:21 #4 by HEARTLESS
I've been warning about the sale of public lands to cover debt and shortages, welcome to the real world tax and spend supporters.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

17 Nov 2010 17:08 #5 by Photo-fish
They aren't selling the land, just the minerals (ie. oil and gas) that are underneath them.
State Parks, which owns about 22 percent of the 225,260 acres it manages, does not necessarily own the mineral rights related to that land.
Colorado's split estate allows rights to surface uses, such as land and water, to belong to one owner, while underground uses, such as oil, gas and mineral extraction, belong to another.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds