TSA to US soldiers: take your guns but leave those nail clip

19 Nov 2010 14:18 #1 by Wayne Harrison
An interesting article posted on RedState.com (so you can't say it's liberal BS) about a soldier with a weapon who was asked to surrender his nail clippers, but he was allowed to keep the weapon.

TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/1 ... a-outrage/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2010 14:24 #2 by BearMtnHIB
Government at it's best.

19 Nov 2010 14:48 #3 by ComputerBreath
They took my tweezers, blunt tip at that, but let me keep a large brooch with a very sharp stick-pin on the back...

19 Nov 2010 16:29 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
WooHoo, I can kill a person with a credit card.

Dumbass TSA emplyees are WalMart rejects.

19 Nov 2010 16:46 #5 by ScienceChic
Yeah, I can carry on my crochet hook that will nicely embed in a person's eye socket or kill them if shoved deep in the ear canal. But then what?

Security is only going to actually mean something if it's done rationally.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Nov 2010 17:27 #6 by archer
In spite of all the precautions TSA has put into place, I don't feel any safer flying than I did before they put them in place. For every precaution, there is a way around it. I really like driving now, and would rather drive for 2 days than spend hours in an airport, put up with the hassle of parking, security, the masses of people, then spend hours cramped into a tiny seat, with limited food service (if any) and not so happy flight attendents. And.....I am always the one who gets the kid who screams and kicks the seat right behind me.

19 Nov 2010 17:44 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
Never had a problem telling the parents of an ahole kid to make em mind, how the hell were you raised?

19 Nov 2010 18:18 #8 by archer
You must be more menacing than I am, I have found that parents who don't control their kids don't take kindly to criticism.

.....not sure why you had to get snarky and question MY upbringing.

19 Nov 2010 18:27 #9 by ckm8
Hey, we're talking about a guy who terrorizes toddlers on planes here.

19 Nov 2010 18:41 #10 by Rockdoc
Some of us have no choice but to fly. It seems the frequent fliers could have a profile that indicated their potential risk. Frankly, security varies from one country to the next and it is possible to get on a flight with low security (eg. Saudi where there is little critical search for potential weapons) and make it to the US without going through a subsequent search along the way (not if you go through Germany or England though). Procedures in place in the US and Germany have reached a point of paranoia. Everything you bring needs to be miniaturized from toothpaste to perfume or cologne. Everyone is viewed as a potential terrorist. I hardly think an 80 year old presents much of a threat. They are more interested in living each day they have left. Common sense, what ever happened to it?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds