Wonderful childhood

22 Nov 2010 14:37 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Wonderful childhood
Funny how those perspectives can change. My youngest sister was a holy terror in her teens and made my mom's life a living hell, sis finally settled down and now my mom and her are the best of friends and usually have coffee every morning together so any parents who feel their teens will never catch a clue, there is hope.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2010 03:33 #12 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Wonderful childhood

major bean wrote: How would you describe your childhood experience? Was your relationship with your parents all that you wished it could be?
Are your parents/parent now in a nursing home?

Exceedingly normal and healthy.
I would have to say yes.
And nope - my parents were just shy of turning 21 when I was born, they're only 66 now and my dad still works. (Mom hasn't in about 10 years, but she is disabled now.)

23 Nov 2010 08:44 #13 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Wonderful childhood
I would like to add: Because I only knew what I lived with my folks and brother and sisters, I really didn't know any better. We were fed, were clothed, and were loved. We invented our own games and crafted our own toys...my mom sewed a lot of our clothing and I was then and still am now to have one of her originals.

Looking back now...do I wish it was different? No, because then I wouldn't be the person I am today and I've been told I'm a pretty darn good person!

23 Nov 2010 09:10 #14 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Wonderful childhood
I had a wonderful childhood. How could I not, living outside of Leadville with loving parents and such a fascinating area as a playground? I cannot recall ever being bored, there were always more interesting things to do than there was time to do them in.

My parents both passed on many years ago.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Nov 2010 09:34 #15 by Nobody that matters
I'm trying to give my kids the childhood I wish I had.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

23 Nov 2010 10:38 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wonderful childhood

Nobody that matters wrote: I'm trying to give my kids the childhood I wish I had.

:yeahthat: and then some...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Nov 2010 10:51 #17 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Wonderful childhood
Military family, controlling mother, nut (not in a good way) for a brother and a father who didn't want anyone rocking the boat. They loved us, took care of us, gave us lots of opportunities in life. Mom and I have worked things out and I love her very much.

Dad died in 1998, mom still going strong at 89 in her own apt. in an Erickson village. Gave up driving a couple of years ago. She's a strong woman, very giving and has mellowed in old age.

I admire all she has gone through, living through the Depression, dealing with WWII, going to Germany a couple of years after the war, scared to death of the Germans, since the propoganda was still going gangbusters, and all the moves she had to deal with.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds