Apple Valley MN, couple put abortion to an online vote

21 Nov 2010 07:50 #1 by outdoor338
A suburban Twin Cities couple touched off an Internet frenzy Thursday with their "birth or not" website -- an online poll on asking whether the woman, who is 17 weeks pregnant, should have an abortion.

"We wanted to give people a chance to voice their opinions in a real situation where it makes a difference," said Alisha Arnold, 30, of Apple Valley.

She and her husband, Peter Arnold, began the online vote because she was still healing emotionally from the most recent of three miscarriages, she said. They weren't sure whether she was ready for a baby.

"I wanted to wait longer because I was losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle," she said. "I wasn't sure what to do."

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/he ... ec8O7EyUsl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Nov 2010 14:24 #2 by Residenttroll returns
I vote she keep her legs together and the young man to quit pretending he's a rabbit - and be a responsible man.

21 Nov 2010 16:45 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Wow, an Internet poll. We all know how scientific those are and that people don't really vote more than once. But I applaud them in getting national publicity for their website.

Somehow I missed the "Internet frenzy" referred to in the article. Were any of you caught up in it last Thursday?

21 Nov 2010 16:49 #4 by Wayne Harrison

residenttroll CA wrote: I vote she keep her legs together and the young man to quit pretending he's a rabbit - and be a responsible man.

WTG, Residentroll. Nice job, from the party of the compassionate.

She and her husband, Peter Arnold, began the online vote because she was still healing emotionally from the most recent of three miscarriages, she said. They weren't sure whether she was ready for a baby.

21 Nov 2010 19:02 #5 by ckm8
Anyone who'd post a poll for this kind of decision shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. Quick- fix them both!

21 Nov 2010 21:40 #6 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote:

residenttroll CA wrote: I vote she keep her legs together and the young man to quit pretending he's a rabbit - and be a responsible man.

WTG, Residentroll. Nice job, from the party of the compassionate.

I have compassion... Here's my compassion....tell the truth and suffer the consequences. You on the other, show compassion....suck the baby out...because she wasn't ready for a baby.

24 Nov 2010 10:07 #7 by LadyJazzer
Update....

"Birthornot" "Abortion Vote" Site Faces Fallout

Pete Arnold, the not-so-upstanding guy behind the fake "abortion vote" website "BirthorNot" has been exposed as a conservative fraud and a known anti-choice troll, and the site's premise essentially a hoax--as Arnold has now said he never intended to abort his wife's pregnancy. He has been rightly denounced as a huckster and a fraud.

But the story's fallout for his wife, Alisha, whose pregnancy was actually in question, is rather grim.

It seems that Alisha, whose quieter, less sure voice has been drowned out by her husband's throughout the process, claims very much to be pro-choice--and having been traumatized by earlier miscarriages, she wasn't sure she could deal with the stress of a pregnancy at its beginning. "Pete and I are on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to our beliefs about abortion," she said.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/?i ... es_fallout

Wow... A fraud and a fake, perpetrated by an anti-choice conservative troll... You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice...

:Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: :bash and: :VeryScared: rofllol :VeryScared: rofllol

24 Nov 2010 10:25 #8 by ckm8
My comment still stands.

26 Nov 2010 19:11 #9 by LadyJazzer
Update:

Abortion Vote Woman Loses Job

The Minnesota woman who put her abortion up to an online vote has lost her job because of the publicity it has drawn. Alisha Arnold, 30, was fired by TempWorks Software, which called her a threat to the company's reputation.

I guess conservative trolls trolling for anti-choice fraud is apparently a career-limiting choice. :VeryScared:

26 Nov 2010 19:17 #10 by CinnamonGirl
This story is very upsetting.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds