Jindal: Time to Stop Apologizing for America

22 Nov 2010 09:46 #1 by outdoor338
Criticizing both the Bush and Obama administrations for failing to execute adequate domestic security policies, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal went on a tear Sunday, criticizing Washington for playing defense, relying on luck and apologizing for protecting the nation from terrorists.

The federal government has to face the fact the War on Terror is about enemies who hate the U.S. way of life, not about social justice, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11 ... q-new-post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2010 09:57 #2 by FredHayek
I agree the national apology tour has to stop. Other countries think it makes America look weak, but the Dems are ashamed of the country's history so they will continue to do it.

Obama's fight against terrorism? I think he has done a good job balancing our rights against the terrorists, but he has also been lucky. The underwear bomber failed, along with the Times Square. The only actual deadly terrroism was the Fort Hood Islmaic mole.
But "W" was also lucky.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Nov 2010 10:04 #3 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: Criticizing both the Bush and Obama administrations for failing to execute adequate domestic security policies, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal went on a tear Sunday, criticizing Washington for playing defense, relying on luck and apologizing for protecting the nation from terrorists.

The federal government has to face the fact the War on Terror is about enemies who hate the U.S. way of life, not about social justice, he said.

Is it really about hating out way of life? Or is it a reaction to our foreign policies? We need to be honest and actually understand why 'they' want to attack us.

22 Nov 2010 10:41 #4 by Nmysys
They want to attack us because it says in their Bible ( The Koran )
that they are to destroy those who do not believe as they do. It is that simple Pinkie!!! Understand it and maybe you can survive it.

22 Nov 2010 10:51 #5 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: They want to attack us because it says in their Bible ( The Koran )
that they are to destroy those who do not believe as they do. It is that simple Pinkie!!! Understand it and maybe you can survive it.

You don't think it's a little more complicated than that? Is it because we are occupying some of their countries? Is it because we have military bases spread out across the globe? Is it because we support governments that do not agree with their views? Is it because we support Israel?

It may very well be any number of these. It may also be that it's any number of these along with the Koran instructions.

I'm just asking a question and I think a simplistic answer, like Jindal's, may not be the whole truth.

22 Nov 2010 11:06 #6 by Residenttroll returns
Pretty soon we are going to have to send Clinton around the world to apologize for Obama. Oh wait, where is Hill & Bill?

22 Nov 2010 12:11 #7 by FredHayek

Scruffy wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Criticizing both the Bush and Obama administrations for failing to execute adequate domestic security policies, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal went on a tear Sunday, criticizing Washington for playing defense, relying on luck and apologizing for protecting the nation from terrorists.

Is it really about hating out way of life? Or is it a reaction to our foreign policies? We need to be honest and actually understand why 'they' want to attack us.

I can see your point, but the Germans & Japanese don't still hate us for continuing to occupy their country. It is SOP in the Middle East to blame Israel and the West instead of fixing their own countries. If the Palestinians had made actual peace with the Israelis years ago, Palestine would be a major tourist destination and much better off. Instead they prefer to whine about what parts of the Holy Land they don't own.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Nov 2010 12:27 #8 by Scruffy

SS109 wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

I can see your point, but the Germans & Japanese don't still hate us for continuing to occupy their country. It is SOP in the Middle East to blame Israel and the West instead of fixing their own countries. If the Palestinians had made actual peace with the Israelis years ago, Palestine would be a major tourist destination and much better off. Instead they prefer to whine about what parts of the Holy Land they don't own.

Yeah, I think the Germans & Japanese are a little more reasonable, in general, than those in the Middle East. I wish I could understand the whole Middle East situation. To me, it would seem better to get along rather than be in turmoil all the time, but then I'm just a simple American with an IQ of 64.

I do think that we need to be on our guard for politicians that offer simplistic explanations to complex problems.

22 Nov 2010 15:22 #9 by Batifa Zaxo
Replied by Batifa Zaxo on topic Jindal: Time to Stop Apologizing for America
I have seceret for you, you let money rule you, your things control you. Simple things in life do not please you. You drink to much, eat to much, wealthy country does not respect the world. The world has turned against you and your way of life.

22 Nov 2010 15:59 #10 by ckm8
Perhaps if we stop building organizations like the Taliban and encouraging individuals like Bin Laden they'll stop turning against us.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds