Pelosi to Fly Southwest

22 Nov 2010 10:36 #1 by Nmysys
Pelosi to Fly Southwest

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am sure you concur...

Poor Nancy.

Since Nancy Pelosi will no longer be Speaker of the House, she's forced to give up her private jet to make those trips from Washington, DC to San Francisco.....

She'll be flying Southwest from now on because "Bags fly free."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2010 10:39 #2 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
You are Free to be Groped about the cabin." DING!

22 Nov 2010 10:40 #3 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest

Nmysys wrote: Pelosi to Fly Southwest

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am sure you concur...

Poor Nancy.

Since Nancy Pelosi will no longer be Speaker of the House, she's forced to give up her private jet to make those trips from Washington, DC to San Francisco.....

She'll be flying Southwest from now on because "Bags fly free."

rofllol And it's the only way she can get any action by going through TSA security! rofllol

22 Nov 2010 10:42 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
She saw this ad and decided to fly commercial!

[youtube:10a5wpqa]
[/youtube:10a5wpqa]

22 Nov 2010 10:45 #5 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
Yes, the so-called "private jet" which is always provided for the Speaker now goes to Boehner... You can expect that I will piss-and-moan about his every trip on it, while you all back-track and tell me how "necessary it is to his position."

I just love hypocrisy... I could sit and watch it for hours.

22 Nov 2010 10:58 #6 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, the so-called "private jet" which is always provided for the Speaker now goes to Boehner... You can expect that I will piss-and-moan about his every trip on it, while you all back-track and tell me how "necessary it is to his position."

I just love hypocrisy... I could sit and watch it for hours.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I’m going to continue to do that,” Boehner told reporters at a press conference.

The statement signals the first time since 2001 that a House Speaker has traveled commerically between Washington and their home district.

Following the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the Speaker of the House, third in line to the presidency, was assigned a designated Air Force jet to shuttle them back and forth to their home districts on weekends.

Former Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) used the jet, as does Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

A spokesman for Boehner said the Minority Leader had already spoken to security officials about his desire to travel commercially on the weekends, and that he would still use military transport for certain types of trips, like those to Afghanistan or Iraq.

http://washingtonscene.thehill.com/in-the-know/36-news/6957-boehner-no-private-jet-trips-home

22 Nov 2010 11:03 #7 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
Well, good... And every time he doesn't, I shall remind you of it.

22 Nov 2010 11:03 #8 by Residenttroll returns
I hear can hear the *stupidity* in her posts.

22 Nov 2010 12:00 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
And Boehner even if he does fly a private jet, it will be much smaller and less polluting than Pelosi's full size ride.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Nov 2010 12:33 #10 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Pelosi to Fly Southwest
Of course, we all know that the large jet story is just a story, right?

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/d ... -seat.html

Reports like this one, saying Pelosi routinely flies about in her own 757-size jet, have been floating around for almost two years. The claims were revived when Democrats complained that CEOs of the Big Three U.S. automakers had used their corporate jets to come to Washington to seek billions in federal aid. But the rumors are incorrect. Spokespeople for Pelosi and Andrews Air Force Base say that the speaker has used the big Air Force jet once, but she normally uses a much smaller plane, the same one used by the previous speaker of the House, Republican Dennis Hastert.

The spread of this rumor – and its first debunking – dates back to February 2007. At that time, the speaker of the House had had access to an Air Force craft for about five and a half years. Hastert had been issued a plane after Sept. 11, 2001, for security reasons (the speaker of the House is next in line after the vice president for presidential succession). Hastert used an Air Force C-20B, a small 12-seater based on the Gulfstream III, to travel to his home district in Illinois. (Ford and GM auto executives, incidentally, travel in the slightly larger Gulfstream IV.)

When Pelosi became speaker, House Sergeant at Arms Bill Livingood, according to his own account, worried that the small craft would be unable to travel to her home district of San Francisco without stopping to refuel. Livingood, who was first elected by a Newt Gingrich-led House in 1995, asked the Air Force and the Department of Defense about getting a bigger plane. He also requested clarifications of other rules regarding the aircraft – for instance, whether family members would be allowed to accompany Pelosi on her flights.

Boehner will most likely find that a private jet, which (I think) is a perk of being third in line to the Presidency, is vital to staying on top of his job. He's going to have a full plate as Speaker, and I think he will find that traveling commercial will inhibit him from being efficient.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds