Obama's Approval Rating is at 39%

23 Nov 2010 11:00 #1 by Residenttroll returns

President Barack Obama's job approval rating has dropped to the lowest point of his Presidency at 39%, and in potential match-ups with Republicans in 2012, he trails Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush and Newt Gingrich and is just one point ahead of Sarah Palin.

The percentage of likely voters saying the U.S. is on the wrong track is now the highest since Obama took office at 69%.

The President continues to lose the job approval of Democrats, going from 78% on Nov. 15 to 72% in this Nov. 19-22, 2010 interactive poll. His approval among independents stayed at 39%, and is 6% among Republicans.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2010 ... z1686OgXt1

The Silver Lining for Obama: Muslims give Obama sky high approval ratings. Oops, strike that....he's even got a low rating among his brethren.

A summer survey by the German Marshall Fund in the United States found that 78 percent of respondents in the European Union approved of how Obama was handling international policy, a slight dip from last year. The same study showed Obama's approval plunging by nearly half to 28 percent in Turkey, reflecting traditional anti-American sentiment in a predominantly Muslim country that is a NATO ally. Opposition to the Iraq war was fierce in Turkey, whose parliament denied permission to U.S. troops to use bases on its soil in the invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

Similarly, a survey by the Pew Global Attitudes Project, released in June, found that Obama's approval ratings were generally positive outside the Muslim world, although not quite as high as in 2009. However, the poll found that in Egypt, the percentage of Muslims expressing confidence in Obama fell 10 percent to 31 percent over the same period; from 33 percent to 23 percent in Turkey; and from 13 percent to eight percent among Pakistani Muslims.

"I don't respect Obama any longer since he's done nothing for peace," said Raheela Nawaz. a 25-year-old housewife in the Pakistani city of Multan.

[/b]

Attention Obama: Nobel called. They want their Peace Prize back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2010 11:07 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Lets compare, shall we?

23 Nov 2010 11:14 #3 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: Lets compare, shall we?

Thanks for posting. It would appear that Bush would win the comparison at 63% approval after the mid-term. rofllol :thumbsup:

Here's a side by side comparison.....

Wow, Obama has achieved in two years what took Bush four and half years to accomplish. rofllol rofllol rofllol

23 Nov 2010 11:17 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Sure, after getting the patriotic 30 percent boost from the 9/11 attacks.

the 64% approval rating you cite is higher than where the poll was headed when he took office before the 9/11 attacks.

Egads, what do you think would happen to Obama's poll if we get attacked again?

23 Nov 2010 11:20 #5 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: Sure, after getting the patriotic 30 percent boost from the 9/11 attacks.

the 64% approval rating you cite is higher than where the poll was headed when he took office before the 9/11 attacks.

Egads, what do you think would happen to Obama's poll if we get attacked again?

Gee, I think we have been attacked plenty of times since Obama has been in office. Would you like me to start listing the ways?

By the way, where's Obama today? Oh, he's in Indiana TALKING about the economy. Oh yeah, he's OUTRAGED at the North Korea artillery attack. The dude is a TALKING TOTUS - he's about as Presidential as Jimmy Carter.

A year later, shall we forget his Palin answer about North Korea?

[youtube:1tpo3g46]
[/youtube:1tpo3g46]

23 Nov 2010 14:51 #6 by FredHayek
Interesting to see Jeb Bush showing up again.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Nov 2010 18:54 #7 by Residenttroll returns

SS109 wrote: Interesting to see Jeb Bush showing up again.

I like the Bush family. But enough is enough. Just like the Clinton....goodbye! See you all later.... If America lets another Clinton or Bush into the White House we deserve another recession.

24 Nov 2010 07:33 #8 by FredHayek

residenttroll CA wrote:

SS109 wrote: Interesting to see Jeb Bush showing up again.

I like the Bush family. But enough is enough. Just like the Clinton....goodbye! See you all later.... If America lets another Clinton or Bush into the White House we deserve another recession.

Sins of the fathers, eh?

I think it would be unfair to not vote for someone just because of their surname. Vote on merit instead.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Nov 2010 08:36 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Here's an interesting link I found that shows presidential approval ratings going all the way back to the 1940s:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... racker.htm

24 Nov 2010 09:04 #10 by conifermtman

residenttroll CA wrote:

Pineguy wrote: Lets compare, shall we?

Thanks for posting. It would appear that Bush would win the comparison at 63% approval after the mid-term. rofllol :thumbsup:

Here's a side by side comparison.....

Wow, Obama has achieved in two years what took Bush four and half years to accomplish. rofllol rofllol rofllol

The media always claimed Obama was a high achiever, in this case they are correct.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds