Some people will believe anything...

25 Nov 2010 17:38 #1 by JSG
New Evidence Proves First Flag Made By Betsy Ross Actually Shirt For Gay Friend

Historians at the University of Pennsylvania announced the discovery this week of a personal diary from the late 18th century that reveals the first U.S. flag sewed by Betsy Ross was originally intended as a shirt for her flamboyant gay friend Nathaniel.

"This has completely upended the accepted narrative behind the first American flag," said historian Kenneth Atwood, who led the team of scholars analyzing the long-forgotten journal of prominent Philadelphia homosexual Nathaniel Linsley. "Now we can say with certainty that our nation's most enduring symbol of freedom, strength, and prosperity is actually just the result of Nathaniel's desire for a sassy, tight-fitting top."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-ev ... oss,18507/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2010 07:02 #2 by HEARTLESS
Its in the Onion, its got to be true.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

26 Nov 2010 07:42 #3 by Nmysys
My opinion is that this is further evidence that the Progressive movement in this country is rewriting the history books to teach our children that their agenda is the gospel, and it sickens me.

:faint:

26 Nov 2010 10:28 #4 by Scruffy
The Onion, Nmysys. It's the Onion.

26 Nov 2010 15:53 #5 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Some people will believe anything...
I'm quite disappointed in my favorite news network, FOX, after they reprinted an Obama article from The Onion without mentioning it was satire. I'm also disappointed how many people don't know that The Onion is a weekly satire site with some very funny articles

So long as an article bashes Obama, Fox doesn't seem to care where it comes from nor does the "fair and balanced" news site bother to vet it.

What's funny is so many people at FOX commented on it, believing it was real.

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-con ... -Onion.png

One of the comments: "This is the most ignorent thing I have ever heard of. He need to be impeached!"

Here is a link to the current posting, where FOX corrected the headline to add it's from The Onion:

http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/ ... ord-e-mail

26 Nov 2010 16:09 #6 by LadyJazzer
He doesn't know what the "Onion" is... And even if he did, it would be lost on him...

On the other hand, the answer to the question is, Yes, some people will believe anything... Even lies about birth-certificates and silliness about citizenship when it's been proven over and over again that it's nothing but right-wing smears.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds