Where are America's celebs?????

28 Nov 2010 17:20 #1 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
All of the hollyweird and the recording community were falling over themselves for haiti, but where are they when it comes to raising money to help our fighting men and women? At least the Brits remember theirs.

[youtube:196yxbx6]
[/youtube:196yxbx6]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Nov 2010 06:45 #2 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Other than a handful of country music stars who volunteer to tour with the USO and the occasional hollyweird rebel who cares more about their country than they do their career. But any opportunity to raise money for the the inept foreign and domestic, celebs are about crushing themselves to get their face on stage or in front of a camera to make sure everyone knows, "THEY CARE". Not a single telethon ever to support the troops.
They even got together to raise money for that freak michael jackson.

Didn't notice anyone running a fund raiser or telethon for the folks who got flooded out in South Dakota. Oh that's right it's just a bunch of crackers who live up there.

Nashville got hit this year. They were lucky. As home of the country music industry they kind of had built in help. But just take a look at the "who is who" list of entertainers who stepped up.

Jason Aldean
Brooks & Dunn
Luke Bryan
Miley Cyrus
Amy Grant
Faith Hill
Miranda Lambert
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Martina McBride
Tim McGraw
LeAnn Rimes
Michael W. Smith
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood

Not exactly flooded with all the usual suspects that can be found at any fund raising event involving beneficiaries on the opposite end of the spectrum.

The hypocrisy is laughable at best.

29 Nov 2010 06:49 #3 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

29 Nov 2010 08:25 #4 by The Boss
How much have you guys done besides posting, perhaps much, but I would like to know? How much money and time?

I seem to see stars on tv all the time that just got back from Iraq??? Perhaps if you googled this you would see how many go and do things....even steven colbert went there. Just cause you like the way it sounds does not make it so.

But even more...they make expensive movies and tv shows. The sheeple then go to these shows, buy all the products etc. So the stars drive billions of dollars of industry...which results in billions of dollars in tax monies, of which a pretty significant amount goes to troops and war.

So even the most down and out stars that you have heard of has likely done more than any non soldier American for the war effort by driving the economy. No money, no war. No taxes, no war. Since most of us waste enormous amounts of money on entertainment...this results in dramatic contributions to our war efforts.

Remember too, and please think about this...Haiti was a natural disaster, no human could have changed this from happening....the Iraq and Afgan wars were outright human decisions, perhaps justified to some, but could have been avoided by simply deciding not to go there. Yes we were attacked, but we decided to respond resulting in 100,000's of deaths and the potential end of this nation in the end.

So US troops at war are there by their choice, at war because of our choice...Haiti and the people did not choose their path.

We should help in both places....

Teddy, how much money and time have you given to the troops, directly....I am at about 2% of my time and income (besides by taxes)....can you beat that? Even match it? Please make my efforts feel small.

Patriotism is about research and action, not lies and bitching.

Since our reaction to 9-11, I have felt like the days of this nation are numbered, we will dismantle it from within, not because of 9-11, because of our reaction. On 9-11, after I heard about it, that is all I could think of...our reaction will make the attack look like a drop in the bucket....war and loss of homeland freedom at the demand of most americans....and it is happening. I will die in this land, but it will no longer be the USA, not what I want, but likely, thanks to the big govt spenders and those that spread rumor and lies...like this.

Or Teddy, try the second grade techique, actually use math, do you you actually have any metrics on how much money and time has been given by stars to both issues? In proportion to damage and suffering? Rather than just listening to the impressions left by CNN and FoxOpinion, use numbers, they often have nothing to do with what is reported. I would be glad to discuss those numbers if you have them. Otherwise this is just your uninformed opinion, which is your right but is likely not factually correct.

29 Nov 2010 08:32 #5 by The Boss
In addition, if we believe the hype....we would assume that the stars donate disproportionately to envirnmental and liberal causes....

Which reduces the burden of these things on the govt...and allows for more war funding.

But I don't believe the hype.

29 Nov 2010 08:35 #6 by LadyJazzer

29 Nov 2010 09:14 #7 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posteryoyo wrote: In addition, if we believe the hype....we would assume that the stars donate disproportionately to envirnmental and liberal causes....

Which reduces the burden of these things on the govt...and allows for more war funding.

But I don't believe the hype.

http://www.uso.org/ Check out the entertainment link. Outside of a handful of country stars and the odd rocker, hardly a who is who list? And this is just entertainment. I see those Olympic stars were really endangering themselves touring Germany for a handshake tour. ????? What the f... is that. You still won't find a single example of recording artists getting together in mass and creating something that translates into $$$$ for the troops. Not one. You certainly wont see network TV creating anything. The only things they get are from private charities which get support from evil corps and private citizens.

And you never addressed why no black artists came up with a fund raiser for the crackers in South Dakota or Nashville? Oh that's right, some hillbilly redneck left a faucet on. It has to be a "natural disaster". :lol: rofllol :lol: You libs are a pathetic joke.

You can spin the minutia all you want doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of American celebs are only interested in helping if it creates the perception that they care about everyone other than the crackers. And they certainly will never do anything to support those backward, no-other-oppition, un educated men and women who are laying it on the line for the rest of us.

29 Nov 2010 09:45 #8 by outdoor338
Poster, interesting take on your post. I feel it odd that you are asking posters on how much time and money they give to different groups in need. Seems like you are beating your chest to get attention and challenging teddy by letting us all know of your efforts, I would have respected you more by keeping silent on what you do behind the scenes. We all help others in our own ways, some groups we give time and money to without any hesitation whatsoever. Do you honestly believe that when 911 happened and if we did nothing in response that we would be better off, today??? Just wondering...

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds