Why can't DADT be eliminated in 2 seconds.

30 Nov 2010 12:56 #21 by Photo-fish
And if you get your stats from Right leaning media..... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

So when the pentagon does release the survey results will you accept them, call the pentagon left leaning or marginalize their findings?

You can go ahead and google the pentagon survey findings yourself. Post your opinion based on whatever news source you want.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2010 13:28 #22 by Blazer Bob
Geting back to the topic title, 2 seconds is not enough time.
For example:
"Do the Senate and the House Armed Services committees intend
to demand sexuality statistics to make certain that homosexuals are being promoted at the same rate as non-homosexuals? Will homosexuals be promoted at a faster rate to "compensate" for previous years of discrimination?
Since same sex marriage is not authorized by Federal Law is a
married homosexual from MA authorized to enlist? Does the spouse of a married homosexual rate a dependent's ID card? Will "partners" of homosexuals be given dependent status? "

"Will partners of homosexuals be assigned to on-base housing? Do former "partners" of active duty homosexuals retain dependent benefits (like a divorced spouse) when divorce is not a legal option?
Will homosexual Marines be permitted to date each other? Live with each other as "partners" in the BOQ/BEQ"? How does this affect fraternization regulations?"

30 Nov 2010 13:42 #23 by ckm8
Why would you have to consider any of that? You wouldn't be living in the BOQ (bachelor officers quarters) with a partner now, would you? It seems you are seeking to complicate a rather simple matter.

30 Nov 2010 13:46 #24 by Blazer Bob

ckm8 wrote: Why would you have to consider any of that? You wouldn't be living in the BOQ (bachelor officers quarters) with a partner now, would you? It seems you are seeking to complicate a rather simple matter.

There is more to on base housing than BOQs. It seems you are trying to simplify a complex matter.

30 Nov 2010 13:57 #25 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

neptunechimney wrote: Geting back to the topic title, 2 seconds is not enough time.
For example:
"Do the Senate and the House Armed Services committees intend
to demand sexuality statistics to make certain that homosexuals are being promoted at the same rate as non-homosexuals? Will homosexuals be promoted at a faster rate to "compensate" for previous years of discrimination?
Since same sex marriage is not authorized by Federal Law is a
married homosexual from MA authorized to enlist? Does the spouse of a married homosexual rate a dependent's ID card? Will "partners" of homosexuals be given dependent status? "

"Will partners of homosexuals be assigned to on-base housing? Do former "partners" of active duty homosexuals retain dependent benefits (like a divorced spouse) when divorce is not a legal option?
Will homosexual Marines be permitted to date each other? Live with each other as "partners" in the BOQ/BEQ"? How does this affect fraternization regulations?"

Will they be allowed to serve in the Airborne? I heard they like to pack chutes :lol: rofllol

30 Nov 2010 14:03 #26 by LadyJazzer
Since I'm sure that those kinds of scenarios have all been dealt with in the implementation plans, perhaps we will see what Gates and the military has decided when they roll it out. Somehow, I don't think our conjecture about how it will be handled means much--other than another opportunity to play whack-a-mole between the supporters and the non-supporters.

30 Nov 2010 14:17 #27 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Since I'm sure that those kinds of scenarios have all been dealt with in the implementation plans, perhaps we will see what Gates and the military has decided when they roll it out. Somehow, I don't think our conjecture about how it will be handled means much--other than another opportunity to play whack-a-mole between the supporters and the non-supporters.

You can play whack-a-mole. I am just pointing out that there are issues that have to be addressed in the implementation.

30 Nov 2010 14:26 #28 by LadyJazzer
And I'm just pointing out that we may not be privy to how those have been addressed yet, but after all this time, and all this research, you can bet they HAVE been addressed.

30 Nov 2010 15:04 #29 by Residenttroll returns
I can't wait for the first straight soldier to sue a gay commander for discrimination on the Taxpayer's dime.

30 Nov 2010 15:15 #30 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
What about the transgendered soldiers? How long before the taxpayer has to shell out for makeup and trips to Trinidad?[url=http://www.mysmiley.net:3bovh7f9]
File Attachment:
[/url]
File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds