Senate votes down ban on earmarks

30 Nov 2010 11:27 #1 by Grady
The Senate on Tuesday morning defeated a proposal from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) to ban congressional earmarks.
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/a ... the-senate

Let me see if I can get this right; can you hear the surprise in my voice.

To be honest there were several Republicans who voted with the Democrats. I fully expect that billions of dollars in earmarks will be headed for Colorado, both of our Senators voted the party line. But would you expect anything less?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2010 11:37 #2 by Nmysys
It just tells me that the work the Tea Party has started is definitely not finished, by any means. 2012 will be even more devastating to those in power.

30 Nov 2010 11:44 #3 by Blazer Bob

Nmysys wrote: It just tells me that the work the Tea Party has started is definitely not finished, by any means. 2012 will be even more devastating to those in power.

Republican Sens. James Inhofe (Okla.), Dick Lugar (Ind.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), David Vitter (La.), Bob Bennett (Utah), Richard Shelby (Ala.) and Thad Cochran (Miss.)

30 Nov 2010 11:46 #4 by The Viking
Of course Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) voted against the ban. I am so disappointed in Alaska. They voted in a big spending Republican again.

30 Nov 2010 11:47 #5 by Blazer Bob

Grady wrote: I fully expect that billions of dollars in earmarks will be headed for Colorado, both of our Senators voted the party line. But would you expect anything less?

According to this they voted for the ban.

"Retiring Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) and defeated Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) also voted for the earmark ban, as did Colorado Sens. Michael Bennet (D) and Mark Udall (D)."

30 Nov 2010 11:57 #6 by Grady

neptunechimney wrote:

Grady wrote: I fully expect that billions of dollars in earmarks will be headed for Colorado, both of our Senators voted the party line. But would you expect anything less?

According to this they voted for the ban.

"Retiring Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) and defeated Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) also voted for the earmark ban, as did Colorado Sens. Michael Bennet (D) and Mark Udall (D)."

I stand corrected :Crying:

30 Nov 2010 11:59 #7 by Nobody that matters

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Nov 2010 12:29 #8 by ckm8
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5804 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5804<!-- l -->

It's funny, some of you seem ambivalent about the ban.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds