Bachmann attacks $1.2B payout for black farmers

01 Dec 2010 09:12 #1 by outdoor338
WASHINGTON - Congress gave the final go-ahead Tuesday to a landmark $1.2 billion settlement compensating black farmers for decades of discrimination, even as Minnesota Republican Michele Bachmann and other conservatives charged that the deal is riddled with fraudulent claims.

The long-delayed package, negotiated by the Obama administration, could award some $50,000 each to thousands of African-Americans who claimed they were unjustly denied loans and assistance from the federal Agriculture Department in the 1980s and '90s. Right up until the final 256-152 vote in the House, Bachmann -- along with Iowa Republican Steve King and others -- called for an investigation of the settlement, known as Pigford II.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/nat ... aUycaEacyU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2010 09:25 #2 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I just called my bloker (he's chinese) and told him to get me some of that new GM stock. Cadillac Escalade is about to become the top selling vehicle of 2010 rofllol :lol:

01 Dec 2010 09:32 #3 by Residenttroll returns
Another GM bailout... rofllol

It's funny how it will cost American's $ 4 BILLION because we supposely discriminated in giving hand outs. What's next?

01 Dec 2010 09:48 #4 by JusSayin
Can you say reparation? We knew it would come in some form, some day.

01 Dec 2010 10:10 #5 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds