Lee Harvey Oswald's Coffin to Be Auctioned Off in Los Angele

01 Dec 2010 11:42 #1 by outdoor338
I wonder if LJ would be interested in this coffin for a coffee table? Any thoughts? :VeryScared:

The original coffin of Lee Harvey Oswald -- the man who assassinated President John F. Kennedy -- is going under the hammer this month, auctioneers said Wednesday.

Los Angeles based dealers Nate D. Sanders Auctions will start the bidding for the gruesome souvenir at $1,000. But it is expected to go for much more at auction on Dec. 16.

Oswald, who was arrested about an hour after President Kennedy was murdered in 1963, was later shot and killed by Jack Ruby before he could stand trial.

He was buried in a simple pine coffin, but his body was exhumed in 1981 after his wife won a legal battle to identify him amid theories a Russian agent was buried in his place.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/01/le ... test=faces

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2010 12:38 #2 by Residenttroll returns
I wouldn't be surprised it some libtard builds a museum glamorizing LHO.

01 Dec 2010 13:27 #3 by ComputerBreath
This is no different then when Ed Gein's car was auctioned off in the 1950's. It was purchased and turned into a sideshow...people paid 25 cents to go into a tent and see it.

People are now, in the past, and in the future game to make a buck any way they can.

01 Dec 2010 13:33 #4 by outdoor338
What ever happened to Ed Geins car, I know it came to my hometown in Wisconsin. In fact a friend of mine's dad wanted to buy it, but his wife had different idea's!

01 Dec 2010 15:35 #5 by ComputerBreath
Outdoor: no one knows what became of the car. It was banned in Wisconsin, so the owner tried to do the same thing in Illinois. The owner was Bunny Gibbons and I couldn't find any information about what became of him, either.

01 Dec 2010 15:52 #6 by outdoor338
That might be a good project to find out where it went...I will do some searching..

01 Dec 2010 18:42 #7 by major bean
Who the hell is Ed Geins?

Regards,
Major Bean

02 Dec 2010 09:11 #8 by ComputerBreath
Ed Gein was also known as the Butcher of Plainfield (Wisconsin). In the '40's and '50's, after his brother died mysteriously and after his mother had her first stroke, he went off the deep end (not that he was very sound of mind to begin with). Some say he killed his brother because he wasn't playing by mom's rules.

His mother was extremely controlling and a religious zealot...as far as she was concerned sex, even saying the word, was bad. And everyone around her were sexual deviants. His father was an alcoholic and some say he abused his family. The father died of a heart attack when Ed was in his '30's and this increased the control his mother had on him.

Anyways, a year after his mom's first stroke she had another and died. At this point, Ed inheirited the whole property they lived on. He boarded off the area that was his mothers, and never went into it again. And he started digging up corpses at cemeterys to take body parts for his own use.

He had a helper in his grave robbing, but as this individual was an elderly gentleman, when he was put in an old folks home, Ed couldn't continue his grave robbing ways so he resorted to bashing local women over the head and taking them to the farmhouse, eventually killing them.

In searching the house, the investigators found a house of horrors...sawed off skulls used as bowls for eating, dried body parts in boxes, used as lamp shades, used as shade pulls, shrunken heads on the bedposts...pretty gruesome.

Fortunately, the authorities caught up with him after two kills and he was declared mentally unfit for trial and spent the rest of his life in a loony bin.

The movies Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Silence of the Lambs are all loosely based on Ed Gein's escapades.

02 Dec 2010 09:18 #9 by outdoor338
CB, he also would drop packages of meat off to his neighbors homes, not telling them, it was the flesh of the people he murdered..Are you from Wisc?

02 Dec 2010 12:26 #10 by ComputerBreath
Outdoor: No I'm not from Wisconsin, I'm original to Colorado. I have however had a strange fascination with murderers, especially those that are especially wierd. I picked up a book about Ed Gein when I was stationed in Washington and have been interested in this case ever since.

I can tell you about a whole lot of other serial killers from across the country.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds