Pigford Decision?

03 Dec 2010 15:21 #21 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Pigford Decision?
Your screenname is so apropos!!!!!!!!!!!

White men are probably more discriminated now against, then any other minority on the planet!!! And most have been feminized by this PC bullsh**.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2010 16:11 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Pigford Decision?

Nmysys wrote: Your screenname is so apropos!!!!!!!!!!!

White men are probably more discriminated now against, then any other minority on the planet!!! And most have been feminized by this PC bullsh**.

More discriminated against? Not yet, but they will be...then we'll see some increased understanding and empathy! :biggrin: Have you ever seen PCU? If not, it's the movie for you!
[youtube:2vek0431]
[/youtube:2vek0431]
http://zuguide.com/PCU.html When high school senior Tom Lawrence (Chris Young) visits the campus of Port Chester College, he learns that he will be staying at the Pit - the wildest, most offensive house on campus. Taken in by hard-partying, perpetual senior Droz (Jeremy Piven), Tom finds himself in the middle of a battle over politcal correctness, and with Droz's help manages to anger every group on campus. With the feminists, vegetarians, hippies and a pack of furious grad students hot on their trail, Tom and Droz discover that Rand McPherson (David Spade) is out to take over the Pit and kill PCU's last bastion of freedom. Their only hope is to throw the biggest party in campus history and raise the money they need to keep their home. Directed by Hart Bochner. With Megan Ward and Jon Favreau. Categories: Comedy. Year: 1994.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Dec 2010 17:13 #23 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Pigford Decision?

Cat Crap Hill wrote: www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/crs/RS20430.pdf

The attached explains the lawsuit and the discrimination occurred.

BTW, white men who claim discrimination are ludicrous.

Perhaps, they are "ludicrous" because they represent the "white trash" segment of the white anglo saxon protestant population that WANT A HAND OUT FOR FREE just like the small portion of the black and Asian and Hispanic population that WANT A HAND OUT FOR FREE?

In that case, I agree with you. For the most part, those folks that want to build something for themselves, Blacks and Whites and Asians and Hispanic, alike; choose not to participate in these LUDICROUS actions and therefore choose success from their own efforts.

Then, you have folks like LJ and her merry bunch of raiders that wish to take away from those Blacks and Whites and Asians and Hispanics that have built something up, because the TRASH of the races do not have any marbles or real estate in the sand box!

So, to sum it up, LJ and company believe that Black Trash and White Trash should be giving reparations AND that the successful Blacks and Whites and Asians and Hispanics should personally give their money to them!

Who knew?

03 Dec 2010 18:39 #24 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Pigford Decision?
The Pigford Decision was justified and it is a shame that the settlement has taken so many years to finalize.

Concerning the opinion that farmers can realize a successful business venture without government assistance, it is hogwash. 100% of the farmers of America need, request, and receive government assistance in order to be profitable. Anyone who says otherwise has no connection, understanding, or participation in agriculture.

Regards,
Major Bean

03 Dec 2010 18:48 #25 by AV8OR

major bean wrote: The Pigford Decision was justified and it is a shame that the settlement has taken so many years to finalize.

Concerning the opinion that farmers can realize a successful business venture without government assistance, it is hogwash. 100% of the farmers of America need, request, and receive government assistance in order to be profitable. Anyone who says otherwise has no connection, understanding, or participation in agriculture.

Major Bean,

Any evidence as to the above statement? More specifically, the "100% of the farmers of America need, request, and receive government assistance in order to be profitable" reference?

Being a financial professional with several farm & ranch clients, I have experience with successful farmers and ranchers. Albeit struggling, they make ends meet without "Gubment" help.

In fact, I am working with a successful one to get a tax credit on his ranch. Not everyone needs a bailout as you imply.

That being said, your statement of, "Anyone who says otherwise has no connection, understanding, or participation in agriculture," has NO merit.

How we can help farmers is by stopping the practice of taking their water away, for starters, and sending it to Californication.

What intelligence and experience can you add to the discussion - other than emotion?

03 Dec 2010 19:11 - 03 Dec 2010 19:15 #26 by major bean
Whoa! A tax credit? Think about what you just said. Do you mean to tell me that your client takes absolutely no advantage from all of the agriculture programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture? That is extremely hard to believe.
Maybe your definition of government assistance is quite different than that of the farmers' definition.

My association with farming and farmers comes from my birth in Oklahoma until I went off to college. We were farmers and everyone that I knew (except preachers and teachers) were farmers.
Name the crop; I knew someone who raised that crop. (Wheat, melons, alfalfa, corn, cattle, pigs, cantaloupe, cotton, etc.)

Now, your credits?

Regards,
Major Bean

03 Dec 2010 19:13 #27 by AV8OR

major bean wrote: Whoa! A tax credit? Think about what you just said. Do you mean to tell me that your client takes absolutely no advantage from all of the agriculture programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture? That is extremely hard to believe.
Maybe your definition of government assistance is quite different than that of the farmers' definition.

I guess I would know. I prep the tax return!

"Whoa! A tax credit?" Is that a bad thingie?

03 Dec 2010 19:16 #28 by major bean

AV8OR wrote:

major bean wrote: Whoa! A tax credit? Think about what you just said. Do you mean to tell me that your client takes absolutely no advantage from all of the agriculture programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture? That is extremely hard to believe.

I guess I would know. I prep the tax return!

"Whoa! A tax credit?" Is that a bad thingie?

And that is not government assistance?

Regards,
Major Bean

03 Dec 2010 19:25 #29 by AV8OR
Not really. If we follow that logic, then everyone that gits a refund is getting Gubment assistance?

I consider that smart planning by a smart professional!

03 Dec 2010 19:27 #30 by major bean
What about alotments? And farming subsidies?
Are they not government assistance or are they just smart planning by smart farming professionals?

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds