Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado on October Ballot

04 Jun 2010 16:57 #11 by Sunshine Girl

dmcdd wrote:

EddieWess wrote:

dmcdd wrote:

Ronbo wrote: Driving under the influence is already illegal.

True, but a proper definition and test for impairment by drugs has not yet been established. I think that definition and test should be part of any legislation to legalize a drug that can impair your abilities, either mentally or physically.

Just play the suspects some jamband music and if they go into a trancedance then, Book 'em Dano!

I was trying to come up with a test that involves Cheetos, but I like Cheetos, so that won't work....

rofllol rofllol Me too!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2010 21:20 #12 by CC

Just play the suspects some jamband music and if they go into a trancedance then, Book 'em Dano!

:yeahthat: rofllol :biggrin: :woo hoo: :wave: :thumbsup: :chocolate:

05 Jun 2010 08:01 #13 by Medicine Man
Full legalization would be fantastic. Would save the state quite the effort not having to set up the new medical marijuana regulatory agency. Not that that is going very well for them so far. I have called the registry to inquire on how to get everything in line for their new requirements, as of July 1st. The only answer I get is, we have nothing set up yet. No forms, no info, just continue to go by the current rules. You can check back with us in a few weeks.
Wonder if Ritter ever signed HB1284 yet? Our local TV news certainly does not provide informative information when it comes to the subject.

06 Jun 2010 07:52 #14 by PrintSmith
As I've stated previously MM, I wouldn't be so quick to seek full legalization. Once that occurs, then only taxed product will be allowed to be sold. Only specific growers will be allowed to grow it, just as only specific people are allowed to distill alcohol. Sure, there might be fewer arrests made for controlled substance violations, but the number of people arrested for tax evasion will make up for that decline.

Colorado will also then have a fight in federal court to pay for since the Colorado law will be in opposition to current federal law and the Constitution establishes that federal law is the supreme law of the land. You are going to have to win that fight on the grounds that the Constitution doesn't grant the federal control because it isn't mentioned in the text, which would blow the whole "general welfare" argument used to institute such things as Social Security, Medicare, Education and a lot of other things right out of the Constitutional waters.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it is successful because it would rid us of 110 years worth of destruction at the hands of progressives to our Constitution, but it would only be a fools hope that such a challenge would ever be successful given the number of precedents established by the Supreme Court that would have to be overturned.

06 Jun 2010 10:22 #15 by major bean
marijuana is a no win-no win situation. Same as prohibition and the repeal of prohibition. Vice is never good whether it is regulated or banned.

Regards,
Major Bean

06 Jun 2010 10:25 #16 by Wayne Harrison

07 Jun 2010 14:02 #17 by FredHayek
The police are trained to detect drugged drivers. I don't know if they are given a drug test, but that could be a good defense since drugs remain in the system a lot longer than booze.

I will vote to legalize MJ.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jun 2010 07:14 #18 by The Dude
Legalize it - don't criticize it
Legalize it and i will advertise it

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds