Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado on October Ballot

04 Jun 2010 12:23 #1 by Moab
I don't believe that one should have to have some qualifying ailment to legally enjoy this wonderful herb. It should be legal for all. The following article discusses the status of the movement to legalize marijuana in Colorado.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/455 ... ough_fight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2010 12:33 #2 by Nobody that matters
I hope this doesn't pass unless it includes fines for smoking in public and some kind of test for driving while impaired.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

04 Jun 2010 12:38 #3 by JMC
I hope ti passes but agree that driving impaired( no matter what the cause) needs to be illegal

04 Jun 2010 13:12 #4 by Ronbo
Driving under the influence is already illegal.

04 Jun 2010 13:14 #5 by TPP
Damn, Moab we agree.

04 Jun 2010 13:21 #6 by Nobody that matters

Ronbo wrote: Driving under the influence is already illegal.

True, but a proper definition and test for impairment by drugs has not yet been established. I think that definition and test should be part of any legislation to legalize a drug that can impair your abilities, either mentally or physically.

04 Jun 2010 14:14 #7 by EddieWess

dmcdd wrote:

True, but a proper definition and test for impairment by drugs has not yet been established. I think that definition and test should be part of any legislation to legalize a drug that can impair your abilities, either mentally or physically.

Just play the suspects some jamband music and if they go into a trancedance then, Book 'em Dano!

04 Jun 2010 14:17 #8 by Nobody that matters

EddieWess wrote:

dmcdd wrote:

Just play the suspects some jamband music and if they go into a trancedance then, Book 'em Dano!

I was trying to come up with a test that involves Cheetos, but I like Cheetos, so that won't work....

04 Jun 2010 14:25 #9 by The Dude
I would love to see full legalization... But that link is to an article written in 2006. I do believe the people of CO would still vote for it though.

04 Jun 2010 16:51 #10 by PrintSmith
I hope it passes as well, but for a different reason. I hope it passes because it will be a direct challenge to the federal laws which will set up a states' rights battle in the federal courts. For the moment, the federal government has chosen not to initiate the legal duel with states that have passed "medicinal" marijuana laws, but I would be surprised if they remained on the sidelines when such a direct challenge to their authority was made.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds