Muslim woman fights Boulder jail to keep hijab for mug shot

06 Dec 2010 11:03 #1 by Grady
So she can be a strict Muslim when getting her booking picture taken, but not when she is out partying?

She got on her 49cc scooter to go home but wiped out in the 1600 block of Norwood Avenue. A neighbor called police.

The police report doesn't indicate that Hardman told police she drank alcohol without realizing it, only that she admitted to drinking. Hardman said she tried to tell the officer the full story, but it wasn't reflected in the report.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_16773482

I would hope the Feds keep a close eye on her.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2010 11:24 #2 by outdoor338
Sorry, its the rules you have to play by when you get into trouble, she should be booked, and the head scarf should be taken off for picture.

06 Dec 2010 15:34 #3 by Nmysys
But she got drunk without her permission!!! Sounds like something VL would say.

06 Dec 2010 15:57 #4 by ScienceChic
This is funny! She didn't realize, at a college party, that the punch would be spiked? And it took her drinking so much that she got to a BAC of 0.19 before she realized she was drunk? Wow!

Sounds like she needs to figure out what her new religion is truly about, and abide by concessions that other Muslim women have acquiesced to when being booked - that female officers take her photo without the head scarf.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Dec 2010 16:44 #5 by daisychain
She should not have been partying with the hajib on. My Muslim girlfriends, do not wear their scarfs when they go out dancing, they also don't drink and only dance with other women, but they don't put their scarves on until they are done. She needs to understand the religion she converted to. And I don't think the feds need to keep an eye out for her.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds