Julian Assange For Time's Man Of The Year?

08 Dec 2010 16:52 #11 by ckm8
It's interesting that Assange is arrested just as he announced a leak of corporate documents, chiefly BofA and BP. Will his "poison pill" be released or will the powers blink?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2010 17:08 #12 by Grady
I don't think he has a poison pill, he's bluffing.
I don’t see a problem per say with a Wiki Leaks. Julian Assange however is probably crazy and very anti American. Do I think there will be other damaging disclosures hell yes, but there is no poison pill. He and his team, may yet end up in jail either for hacking or buying the information he's releasing. And of course if they can find the people who attacked Master Card or Visa, they will go to jail.

08 Dec 2010 17:42 #13 by ckm8
How?
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0818667220101209
Attacks on credit card sites a grass-roots effort

It's a new world out there. Instead of carrying signs, now protesters can carry out DNS attacks.

08 Dec 2010 18:07 #14 by LadyJazzer
I wouldn't bet that it's a bluff. There have been rumors for a couple of weeks now that he had a "huge cache of documents on a 'big Wall Street bank'"... They only named it in the last couple of days as BofA...But it was pretty clear from the description that's who it was. He's smart enough to have distributed copies to many of his group, and sending them the 256-byte key to unlock it, if necessary, is certainly a way to thwart any actions by covert actors.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds