Fox News caught spinning again.

09 Dec 2010 17:45 #11 by Blazer Bob

outdoor338 wrote: Lib's hate america, and attack the messenger, got it! Who knew...

Couldn't you sit and watch it for hours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2010 17:47 #12 by outdoor338
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

09 Dec 2010 18:27 #13 by Blazer Bob

09 Dec 2010 18:47 #14 by ckm8
Once again the Fox News acolytes have the facts wrong. Just as the majority of Americans back the DREAM act, the majority of Americans also backed a public option. I've stopped expecting anyone who watches Fox to have a clue of what goes on in the real world. They are happily, willingly, complicitly ill informed.

09 Dec 2010 19:17 #15 by FredHayek

ckm8 wrote: Once again the Fox News acolytes have the facts wrong. Just as the majority of Americans back the DREAM act, the majority of Americans also backed a public option. I've stopped expecting anyone who watches Fox to have a clue of what goes on in the real world. They are happily, willingly, complicitly ill informed.

If they majority of Americans want the public option why hasn't it passed in the last 200 years? When America sees a vague question about a public option, they are in favor of it, but when they see the nuts and bolts, they don't vote for the people that will implement it.

CKM8, what does the public option mean to you? Private companies providing health care with the goverment(taxpayer) paying all the bills? Goverment nationalizing health care and hiring doctors? Medicare and Medicaid style where people pay co-pays and buy goverment insurance plans?

If you like the Medicare model, it already covers a good percentage of the nation and continues to expand every year, so we really do already have goverment healthcare, just not yet universal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Dec 2010 21:08 #16 by Blazer Bob
""Liberals Outraged by Labeling Bias, But Only If It Involves Fox

The latest meme among the legions of lefty Fox-haters is that FNC "distorted" or "skewed" the ObamaCare debate by instructing employees to call the "public option" the "government option" or some variation of that. The horror!

Of course none of the Fox-haters uttered a word of criticism when National Public Radio officially instructed employees to drop the "pro-life" and "pro-choice" labels in favor of "abortion rights opponent" and "abortion rights advocate," labels that clearly frame the debate favorably for the pro-choice position (who wants someone's rights denied them, after all?)."

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/lachla ... volves-fox

09 Dec 2010 21:51 #17 by archer

neptunechimney wrote: ""Liberals Outraged by Labeling Bias, But Only If It Involves Fox

The latest meme among the legions of lefty Fox-haters is that FNC "distorted" or "skewed" the ObamaCare debate by instructing employees to call the "public option" the "government option" or some variation of that. The horror!

Of course none of the Fox-haters uttered a word of criticism when National Public Radio officially instructed employees to drop the "pro-life" and "pro-choice" labels in favor of "abortion rights opponent" and "abortion rights advocate," labels that clearly frame the debate favorably for the pro-choice position (who wants someone's rights denied them, after all?)."

wow...that was pretty convoluted reasoning, but if I break it down I think you are saying that it's ok to skew the news to the right, but not ok to skew it to the left. Got it.

....personally I think it is dishonest to skew it at all, which is why I rarely watch any network or cable news except for the local stuff.

09 Dec 2010 22:18 #18 by ckm8
I think "Public Option" is pretty self-explanatory. What I'd find ideal is a non-profit. I don't care if it's run by the federal government or by the states, but I'd like it to be available to anyone who chose to purchase it. Medicare for all would have been a good way to go, but Max Baucus was too deep into the pockets of the insurance companies for it to have a chance. If you think the way the Congress votes reflects the way America wants them to you haven't been paying much attention. With the influx of corporate money into our electoral process I doubt if any of them will bother listening to us at all anymore.

09 Dec 2010 22:46 #19 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: ""Liberals Outraged by Labeling Bias, But Only If It Involves Fox

wow...that was pretty convoluted reasoning, but if I break it down I think you are saying that it's ok to skew the news to the right, but not ok to skew it to the left. Got it.

Swing and a miss.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds