Pelosi doesn't believe in separation of Chruch and State

11 Dec 2010 00:03 #1 by The Viking
Pelosi to Catholics -- Immigration Reform is a 'Manifestation of Our Living the Gospels'

Nancy Pelosi instructing churches to preach the gospel of illegal immigration. She said the chruch is going to have to play a major role in helping pass illegal immigration. They won't allow the 10 commandments or Christmas songs in any government building because they say it violates the first amendment, but now she wants the Church to have a role in the Government in helping to pass her policies. Where is the outrage from the left about separation of church and state on this issue? Hypocricy 101!

[youtube:3u57eo0q]
[/youtube:3u57eo0q]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 12:25 #2 by Scruffy
How is this hypocrisy? What bills has she introduced that would place the church and state on the same side of the wall?

20 Dec 2010 12:52 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Where was the outcry about separation of church and state when the religious right advocated the election of George W. Bush? Or when religious leaders regularly met with various presidents on both sides to counsel them on political issues of concern.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... efeat.html

20 Dec 2010 13:20 #4 by outdoor338
Oh, you don't remember the left stating that the IRS would remove their tax exempt status if any church supported bush from the pulpit, that's right you don't attend evangelical and wouldn't know that would you?

20 Dec 2010 15:26 #5 by Wayne Harrison
I do remember the IRS threatening a church's tax-exempt status because the preacher delivered an anti-war sermon prior to the 2004 presidential election. (Apparently you can't preach peace in church any more) I also remember a church had its status revoked in 1992 in Binghamton, NY for running political ads against Bill Clinton.

Pelosi is Catholic, I believe. She may have been referring to the tenants that Catholics came up with this summer that I posted earlier, as referenced in The Bible.

No, I don't attend evangelical worship, Outdoor. My family did attend one once up here when we were looking for a new church and the first thing my daughter asked (she was about 6 at the time) was, "What's with the band?" referring to the electric guitars and drums and base players behind the preacher. I told her that's how some people worship. Up till then, she had only been in churches that used pianos or organs.

To each his own.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds