The Issue of Church and State

20 Dec 2010 17:23 #1 by JusSayin
Those with conservative ideologies must stop and consider the liberals’ perspective on issues of church AND state together. You will see they are closely entwined.

Consider the lowest common denominator: accountability. Liberals hate it!

Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their words.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their actions.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their mortgage payment.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their lawfulness.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their taxes.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their sins.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their murder of unborn babies.
Liberals don’t want to be accountable for their sexually deviant behavior.

And the list goes on and on.

If liberals accepted the existence of God, they would be accountable to Him and that doesn’t fit with their lifestyle and ideologies and idolatries.

Bottom line conservatives (especially you Christians and Jews), your faith and your beliefs to the liberal mindset are like a spider to an arachnophobe. They fear your faith, your beliefs and your God. They just can’t tolerate the accountability aspect.

And before the screaming starts, I write here in generalities and fully accept that there exists a small percentage of liberals for whom the above does not apply. A very small percentage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2010 17:28 #2 by Residenttroll returns

20 Dec 2010 17:37 #3 by ScienceChic
:Whatever:

Generalizations are not conducive to constructive debate.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Dec 2010 18:42 #4 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic The Issue of Church and State
Neither of these posters are interested in debate, only insults.

20 Dec 2010 21:57 #5 by FredHayek
JS,
Liberals could get away with all of the above if they have religion, they just need to pick the right God. And shocked as you may be to find out, but many liberals are quite religious, ever heard of liberation theology? Martin Luther King? I was educated by Jesuits and they are quite liberal and they are all about making people accountable for their actions. Spending a Saturday painting football stands because of classroom misbehavior only proved this.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2010 22:49 #6 by JusSayin

SS109 wrote: JS,
Liberals could get away with all of the above if they have religion, they just need to pick the right God. And shocked as you may be to find out, but many liberals are quite religious, ever heard of liberation theology? Martin Luther King? I was educated by Jesuits and they are quite liberal and they are all about making people accountable for their actions. Spending a Saturday painting football stands because of classroom misbehavior only proved this.

JusSayin wrote: And before the screaming starts, I write here in generalities and fully accept that there exists a small percentage of liberals for whom the above does not apply. A very small percentage.

I'm not shocked.

By the way, nice ribbon! :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds