It's going to be a blue Christmas for many travelers....

21 Dec 2010 11:19 #1 by Residenttroll returns
thanks to global warming....

Typically just 37% of the 48 contiguous states have a white Christmas, but thanks to global warming...

Recent heavy snowfall and unusually chilly temperatures — along with a developing winter storm — almost guarantee that about half of the USA will see a white Christmas on Saturday, says Weather Channel meteorologist Tim Ballisty, who tracks the white Christmas forecast.
"If you see snow on the ground now, it's likely to still be there on Christmas Day," he says. "There's no reason for any major melting of snowpack to occur."

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/forecas ... csp=34news

What's wrong with this picture?

Another example of how the media manipulates your eyes.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... al-warming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2010 11:25 #2 by ckm8
A zebra stands in its snow-covered pen at Whipsnade Zoo, north of London on December 20, 2010 Photograph: Max Nash/AFP/Getty Images

My God RT- did you even read the article you linked to? OH! I get it. You are highlighting the ignorance of climate change deniers! Good job!

21 Dec 2010 12:01 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Yep, thanks for posting a pro global warming article that points out just because it's snowing doesn't mean the planet's climate isn't still warming, Mr. Troll.

From the article:

"There is now strong evidence to suggest that the unusually cold winters of the last two years in the UK are the result of heating elsewhere."

"I can already hear the howls of execration: now you're claiming that this cooling is the result of warming! Well, yes, it could be. A global warming trend doesn't mean that every region becomes warmer every month. That's what averages are for: they put local events in context. The denial of man-made climate change mutated first into a denial of science in general and then into a denial of basic arithmetic. If it's snowing in Britain, a thousand websites and quite a few newspapers tell us, the planet can't be warming.

"According to Nasa's datasets, the world has just experienced the warmest January to November period since the global record began, 131 years ago; 2010 looks likely to be either the hottest or the equal hottest year. This November was the warmest on record."

21 Dec 2010 12:13 #4 by Residenttroll returns

ckm8 wrote: A zebra stands in its snow-covered pen at Whipsnade Zoo, north of London on December 20, 2010 Photograph: Max Nash/AFP/Getty Images

My God RT- did you even read the article you linked to? OH! I get it. You are highlighting the ignorance of climate change deniers! Good job!

Hey CKM8, the photo is example of the propaganda of the leftist media and global warming alarmist. Of all the shots in England they posted a zebra in England. So to the average CKM8, they see the poor African zebra in a field of snow. The words under the picture mean nothing to most people. They typically don't even read them. Remember the saying, a picture is worth a thousand words. It's total and absolute bull crap to publish a picture of a zebra imported in England with a story about global warming. It's like sitting a polar bear out in the Arizona desert during a hot summer day and the article stating that polar ice caps are melting.

21 Dec 2010 12:13 #5 by Residenttroll returns

SeasonsGreetings wrote: "According to Nasa's datasets, the world has just experienced the warmest January to November period since the global record began, 131 years ago; 2010 looks likely to be either the hottest or the equal hottest year. This November was the warmest on record."

...and Nasa was formed in what year?

21 Dec 2010 12:14 #6 by outdoor338
our expert wayne, thought it was a picture of a camel....

21 Dec 2010 12:25 #7 by ckm8
No Resident Troll. The photo shows a picture of a zebra in a zoo in England. If you drew ignorant conclusions without reading the caption, that is your bad. Don't assume everyone else is as careless and closeminded as you seem to be. We get that some of you are anti-science. Just don't expect us to applaud you for your luddite bent.

21 Dec 2010 12:27 #8 by Residenttroll returns

ckm8 wrote: No Resident Troll. The photo shows a picture of a zebra in a zoo in England. If you drew ignorant conclusions without reading the caption, that is your bad. Don't assume everyone else is as careless and closeminded as you seem to be. We get that some of you are anti-science. Just don't expect us to applaud you for your luddite bent.

Oh yes, I know what you mean...it's like when the media publishes a photo of two homosexuals kissing and the caption says, "Gays protest for civil rights." DA abound on 285bound.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds