Poll: Do You Buy Intelligence Chief's Excuse(Updated)

22 Dec 2010 13:12 - 23 Dec 2010 16:50 #1 by Nmysys
The White House acknowledged Wednesday that the reason the nation's top intelligence official was stumped on an interview question two days ago about a major set of terror arrests in Great Britain was because his staff hadn't told him about it, and he was too busy on other pressing matters to catch the news on TV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2010 14:20 #2 by FredHayek
Sure, makes sense to me. I only heard a teaser about it last night on NPR. I was shocked we haven't heard more about it, especially right before Christmas travel season.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Dec 2010 07:40 #3 by Nmysys
To those who voted that his staff failed him, I ask what ever happened to Responsibility? Have they been fired? I doubt it. Sure haven't heard that yet. Who will be the scapegoat?

Between this episode and Janet Napolitano, just the day before, saying that the Intelligence community is working very hard 24/7 and 364 days per year, do you feel as safe as I do???? Which day of the year do we have to worry about ourselves?

23 Dec 2010 07:46 #4 by FredHayek
Upon further review, can you imagine the outcry if one of Bush's intelligence chiefs had been as uninformed?
The NYT would have said it was a perfect example of the limited smarts of the Bush administration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Dec 2010 08:06 #5 by Nmysys
Agreed!! There are votes defending it, but no defense put forth. Still wondering if it is defensible.

23 Dec 2010 09:29 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
But there was a Basketball game on.

Do as the Chief does.

23 Dec 2010 09:34 #7 by Nmysys
Terrible idea, but good reply.

Merry Xmas

23 Dec 2010 16:49 #8 by Nmysys
Unlike Intel Chief, Congress Knew About Britain Terror Plot, Rep. Peter King Says

Published December 23, 2010

| FoxNews.com

New York Rep. Peter King said Thursday that Congress knew for weeks about a police investigation into an al Qaeda-inspired plot in London even though the nation's top intelligence official was unaware of the arrests this week.

"We've been aware of London for weeks," King told Fox News Radio's "Kilmeade and Friends." "We knew that there was a plot in London and we knew that it was being monitored."

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper was caught flat-footed in an interview this week with ABC News about the arrest of 12 men allegedly involved in the plot to attack targets in Britain.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/23/unlike-intel-chief-congress-knew-britain-terror-plot-rep-king-says/#ixzz18yvc4vqX

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds