liberal fantasy and a conservative freakout

28 Dec 2010 15:19 #11 by FredHayek
The Obama election really exposed the media as cheerleaders for a guy who didn't have the experience or gravitas, just a nice orator as long as he has a teleprompter. I do think Barack has learned a lot in his 2 short years, doing much better in foreign affairs and combat operations than I expected, and finally willing to get his hands dirty with compromise legislation, but should we have elected experience in the first place?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2010 18:01 #12 by PrintSmith
How does this guy keep his job over there? Might be the first time I've ever agreed with the conclusion of one of their columnists......

But when it comes to the hard challenges ahead, comity won’t be enough. Real courage is required as well. And this month’s outbreak of bipartisanship was conspicuously yellow-bellied. Republicans and Democrats came together to cut taxes, raise spending, and give free health care to the first responders on 9/11. They indulged, in other words, in the kind of easy, profligate “moderation” that’s done as much damage to the country over the years as the ideologies of either left or right.

I can't believe someone at the NYTimes actually said this. This is the source of the federal deficit, compromising parties each seeking their own best interest rather than the best interests of the nation. Focusing on ways to spend on the individual welfare of the person to secure reelection and consolidate power at the expense of the general welfare of the nation which was the mandate they were given by the Constitution.

My, my. I'm starting to get a little optimistic that the natural republican tack of the nation may yet once again come to inhabit the minds and the souls of the citizens of this nation and that the cliff may yet be avoided. If I can find such a ray of hope in the NYTimes, catastrophe might yet be avoided. Thanks for the smile Chief.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds