Just for SC

31 Dec 2010 05:58 #1 by outdoor338

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2010 12:14 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Just for SC
Strictly mathematically speaking, and physically speaking, it's impossible to give more than 100%. It's merely an expression to say that you are giving more than you usually would have, nothing more.

I like some of the comments:

Classic case of misleading the audience (as an illusionist would) by showing them only the answers that work, not all the possible ones that don't work.

I averaged the numbers 1-26, weighing them first based on their likelihood of occurrence in the English language, and I got 11.66 - so an average word or phrase of nine letters will on average give you 104 based on the method in this video. Try enough 8 or 9 letter words or phrases and you will eventually get the % you are looking for.
peej0000 3 weeks ago

a really interesting look at numerology. however I'd state that the totals of the letters do not equal percentage - certainly not in a mathematical perspective.
pegkd 3 weeks ago

As a mathematician and a Christian, I don't like the stuff about attaching numbers to the letters of the alphabet. That is just stupid. Do the same in a different language and you will get entirely different results. Languages change. Basic math is the same across all languages and cultures. As a Christian, I think this characterization is a horrible try to make God look good. We don't need 'parlor tricks' to give God glory. Sorry, betbet27. The word game is silly.
jimguess 3 weeks ago 3

Non- believer = 103%!!!
knix001 1 week ago

No what this is really saying is that the "loveofgod" will unrealistically put things into perspective meaning you can't actually have more than 100% out of anything otherwise it would have been represented as a whole new 100%. Which means, at any given time, only 100% can be taken out of anything or given. You can't give more than what exists (unless you apply that to American governing systems). Meaning that mathematics disproves God.
AkinaGod 6 days ago

The other option "LOVE OF DOG" gets me to 101% too, so does that mean that GOD = DOG under this mystical form of mathematics? And can the immutable numerological truth presented here survive translation into another language? How come the godless French version, "l'amour de Dieu",can score 128%?? And hey, God must love Germans even better-- "Liebe zu Gott" comes in at 142%! But pity the poor Czechs whose "Boží láska" only merits 96% and those even lazier Italians whose "amore di Dio" gets 93%:(
tubuyutu 1 day ago

Laziness = 105%. Your logic is broken.
GilGallonProductions 1 week ago 3

Science Works = 144%
Tyrrhenus 1 week ago 8

The philosophy is true, but the math is pretty weak. ha. And be careful that you really understand love of god, because as long as we are in human form we cannot know what that really means. It is a deliberate mystery. As soon as we attach our words to it, it looses about 95% of its true meaning. Sorry, didn't do the math for that! :)
G4breath 5 days ago

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds