Where's all the jobs in America?

31 Dec 2010 12:59 #1 by Residenttroll returns
Watch this video about Ford and it's South America plant and you will find out why some U.S. companies are taking jobs elsewhere. Be sure to catch the last thirty seconds of the video and you will find out why auto makers will NEVER build in the US again.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/multimedia ... hp?id=1189

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jan 2011 11:19 #2 by Rick
Isn't it amazing what a company can do in a struggling economy when they are not hampered by massive regulation and union influence? I wish I would have bought their stock when is was only $1 a couple years ago.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Jan 2011 07:37 #3 by FredHayek

CriticalBill wrote: Isn't it amazing what a company can do in a struggling economy when they are not hampered by massive regulation and union influence? I wish I would have bought their stock when is was only $1 a couple years ago.

:wink: I did!

Then again, I thought I could do the same by buying GM for a low price and lost on that deal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jan 2011 08:57 #4 by HEARTLESS
Winchester/Olin (the ammunition portion) is preparing to move from East Alton, IL to Oxford, Mississippi. Two of the biggest reasons are high union labor costs and a property tax dispute with Madison county, IL. The union was informed as to needed concessions and chose to lose their jobs over the next 3 to 5 years rather than compromise. I'm sure the workers in their new home will welcome them.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Jan 2011 09:35 #5 by pineinthegrass
Interesting video.

I'm curious as to why Ford and GM have problems keeping plants open the the US, foreign companies like Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru seem to be doing well with their US plants (so far as I know).

I know union contracts have something to do with it, but the foreign companies here show it's at least posssible to have US based manufacturing.

03 Jan 2011 10:27 #6 by JusSayin
There are plenty of jobs in America. You just need the right skills to land one...

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6905/bgd.mp4

03 Jan 2011 11:05 #7 by RenegadeCJ
I don't the the pay and benefits of the unions is the worst problem, but rather the "job rules". The employees in the union shops can't just do whatever it takes, they only can do their one job description. If you pick up a box on the floor, and throw it away, or recycle it, the janitor union will file a grievance.

The plant in south america is amazing....

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Jan 2011 13:13 #8 by Residenttroll returns

JusSayin wrote: There are plenty of jobs in America. You just need the right skills to land one...

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6905/bgd.mp4

:biggrin:

Plenty of Yobs....Wetback English!

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds