Reporting from DIA holiday travel

01 Jan 2011 10:13 #1 by Residenttroll returns
I just dropped off my son for a flight. It's a zoo. Security lines are backed up to baggage claim but moving steady and all security lanes are open.

Beware off outside baggage check lines. My son stood in the ¥rontier line for 20 minutes with little movement. Only one agent outside. The inside lines were long too. Spoke to manager, he told me that the one agent had volunteered to work outside. Union rules would not allow him to move other agents outside because of the temps unless their were volunteers.

My observation is the Scuffy is correct. Government is more effient than private enterprise when the labor force of the private enterprise is unionized.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jan 2011 10:29 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Also, check in online and either shipped your bags or carry them on. Don't get caught by having to check in bags. The bag lines are long and expect two hours ton get to your gate.

01 Jan 2011 17:07 #3 by LOL
I am typing this from sandiego airport. Not too busy here, TSA lady was a little cranky though. got thru security in 10min , now we have a 1.5 hour wait at the gate. Hope it is warmer in Denver today.

DIA was ok at 10pm tonite. On Dec. 23 it was very long lines at security. Made it to the gate with 5 minutes to spare. Having a pre-printed boarding pass is a big help and no checked bags too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jan 2011 09:12 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
NO problems leaving DIA on 28th
None on the return Yesterday the 1st.

02 Jan 2011 11:25 #5 by Hoot Owl
If you fly Southwest, carry your bags on. Sure they ship bags free, but dont tell you where they are shipping them to.

02 Jan 2011 11:34 #6 by FredHayek
DIA was pretty nice to land but the airport in Puerto Vallarta was a disaster! You didn't know your gate until the last minute and had to walk across the noisy tarmac.
USA Airport parking was awful, took forever in the cold wind for pickups because the line was so long., took the 3rd bus before we got picked up.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jan 2011 15:51 #7 by 2wlady
Left DIA on Christmas morning. AOK

Left DCA (National Airport) 01/02/2011 morning. AOK

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds