inflation

05 Jan 2011 22:18 #1 by Blazer Bob
inflation was created by Blazer Bob
"It is helpful to remember that there are two sides to every transaction. If the price of an ounce of gold goes up $100, you can say that the price of gold has gone up in terms of dollars — or you can say with equal accuracy that the price of dollars has gone down in terms of gold. A trivial and not exactly blazingly original insight, but one to keep in mind.

Food prices are hitting record highs. Sugar, meat, oils — boom, boom, boom. Food-related products, like fertilizers, are on a pretty steep upward trajectory. (Even the reliably pessimistic cotton farmers are celebrating.) Inflation is nipping at the Chinese economy and threatens to exacerbate social unrest in the world’s largest for-profit police state.

Meanwhile, oil prices are zooming, and the boom in gold and other precious metals has been too amply remarked upon to bear further commentary here."

http://www.nationalreview.com/exchequer ... -our-noses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2011 06:04 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic inflation
I am a buyer of industrial parts and I am seeing some price increases but considering there have been no price increases in the last couple years, suppliers didn't want to hurt sales, maybe it is due?

Then again Forbes has an editorial this issue saying Bernanke is doing it all wrong, igniting inflation isn't the way to get the economy to grow.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jan 2011 06:15 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic inflation
Maybe xutting taxes and propping up small businesses is the way to go, but what did Reagan and Bush know that these idiots don't?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds