It's a great day to be a liberal

06 Jan 2011 10:49 #1 by Residenttroll returns
1. Obama elects a big banking executive (remember Obama said, they're the problem not the solution) with the Daley name to Chief of Staff. The only thing that makes this Daley worse for Obama, he's a lawyer too. rofllol rofllol rofllol

2. Reading of the Constitution provides you an education.

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2011 12:00 #2 by ScienceChic
It's always a great day to be a liberal rt! :thumbsup: Some days are more frustrating and disheartening than others, but it beats the alternative!

However, I agree that the choice of Daley seems a very bad move. I do not want someone who's got "close Wall St. ties", is a VP of JP Morgan, and opposed the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as Chief of Staff. Yet another show that Obama is still waffling, pandering to the right and corporate interests. This opinion piece sums it up for me: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-k ... daley.html

His major qualification for the job is that he's extremely well liked by the business community, in part because he routinely advocates for their interests and in part because he's a top executive at J.P. Morgan. His theory of politics is that the Democratic Party has become too liberal and needs to tack right.

Or maybe the answer is that the Obama administration has simply decided to tack right, and they figure the way to do that is to hire someone who legitimately believes that tacking right is a good idea. The particular theory of politics he espouses seems woefully detached from the realities of the modern partisan environment -- as Jon Chait says, it effectively means "allowing extreme positions to redefine the parameters of the debate."

The Dems haven't become too liberal, they've become too corrupt, same as Reps. And a banker ain't gonna fix that problem.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Jan 2011 12:04 #3 by LadyJazzer
That's what I was thinking when I saw the thread title...It's ALWAYS a great day to be liberal...And it sure-as-hell beats the alternative. :biggrin:

06 Jan 2011 12:08 #4 by ScienceChic
Death...or conservitude? :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Jan 2011 12:10 #5 by archer

Science Chic wrote: Death...or conservitude? :biggrin:

both equally frightening

:VeryScared:

06 Jan 2011 12:11 #6 by LadyJazzer
I don't think I could ever possibly be declared THAT brain-dead to become a conservative...But I guess I should add that to my "living will"..."If I start sounding like a conservative, it's time to pull the plug." :biggrin:

06 Jan 2011 12:14 #7 by archer

LadyJazzer wrote: I guess I should add that to my "living will"..."If I start sounding like a conservative, it's time to pull the plug." :biggrin:

:lol:

Now that post made my day!

06 Jan 2011 12:15 #8 by ScienceChic
Hmm, sounds awfully extreme. Surely there must be some intervention that is effective? :)

06 Jan 2011 12:17 #9 by LadyJazzer
Short of a lobotomy, I can't imagine what it would be.... :biggrin:

06 Jan 2011 12:43 #10 by FredHayek
Maybe they picked up Daley to start the fund-raising process to run in 2012? More Wall Street $1000 a plate dinners? And they say Dems are for the blue collar worker, look more like they want to be the party of limousine liberals.
And Obama had initially said he was going to only take public funds.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds