republican sellout watch

08 Jan 2011 09:07 #1 by Blazer Bob
"Grousing about the GOP’s timidity in the battle against big government will probably become an ongoing theme over the next few months. Two items don’t bode well for fiscal discipline.

First, it appears that Republicans didn’t really mean it when they promised to cut $100 billion of so-called discretionary spending as part of their pledge. According to the New York Times,

As they prepare to take power on Wednesday, Republican leaders are scaling back that number by as much as half, aides say, because the current fiscal year, which began Oct. 1, will be nearly half over before spending cuts could become law.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/republic ... Liberty%29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2011 09:14 #2 by Nobody that matters
That pretty much makes sense. If I want to cut my personal budget by $3000 by cutting starbucks out of the picture, but it's the middle of the year, I'll see $1500 actual savings from changes. The NEXT year I'll see $3000 actual savings.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

08 Jan 2011 11:30 #3 by Something the Dog Said
But did not the republicans know that the year would be half over when they would take office? Or did it suddenly dawn on them this week. Their promise was to cut $100 billion in spending this year, which they are already reneging on.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

08 Jan 2011 11:43 #4 by archer
Replied by archer on topic republican sellout watch
For two years we have heard the Republicans complain about Obama's, Democrats, broken promises......now that the Republicans are breaking them in their first days in office.....well that is quite alright with them. No double standard there..... :lol:

08 Jan 2011 11:45 #5 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic republican sellout watch
It's actually going to be a fun couple of years... So much material, and so little time.... :lol:

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds