Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

09 Jan 2011 21:27 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.
Gun control activists cried it was time to reform weapons laws in the United States, almost immediately after a gunman killed six and injured 14 more, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in Arizona on Saturday

We all new this was coming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 21:28 #2 by The Viking
I read this and part of it is to limit how much ammo we can own. Really? They want to control that for legal gun owners?

09 Jan 2011 21:43 #3 by jf1acai
They want to ultimately control every aspect of your life.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Jan 2011 21:52 #4 by major bean
Controlling ammo is on the fringe of right to bear arms. What do they not understand about infringement?

Regards,
Major Bean

10 Jan 2011 05:56 #5 by cydl
Stock up, folks...

10 Jan 2011 07:17 #6 by Nmysys
Who knew? We all did.

10 Jan 2011 07:30 #7 by FredHayek
As useless a gesture as Boehner trying to repeal Obamacare.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2011 07:39 #8 by outdoor338
I think that Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), should worry about what liberals call art and keep our children away from it :biggrin:

10 Jan 2011 07:48 #9 by Mayhem
Cry baby Boehner better get himself a new stamp ordered for this stuff when it gets to his desk. "DOA". Wasn't there a statement made last week that any legislation proposal had better be accompanied by a cover letter explaining how it met constitutional muster before it would even be looked at?

10 Jan 2011 09:16 #10 by Residenttroll returns
When our government can demonstrate the ability to protect the borders I might consider listening to a libtard in government. Until, I am doubtful any government official can protect me and my family - better myself. The Gifford case makes the point. If they don't or can't protect a sitting Congressional member of Congress...I don't think they can protect me by limiting the amount of ammo I have.

It's just too bad someone wasn't carrying at the Representative's event. A carrying individual could have remedy the situation by shooting the liberal educated whack job before he killed and injured fellow Americans.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds