Jared Loughner Described by Classmate as "Left-Wing Pothead"

10 Jan 2011 08:27 #11 by LadyJazzer

CinnamonGirl wrote: Didn't someone ask yesterday if a republican has ever been shot.

Wasn't Reagan a republican? not sure about that though. Reagan was shot by a nutbar too.

I asked how many Republicans have been KILLED... I know Reagan was shot...And I know that Ford had an attempt that failed. Jeez, do you think I didn't know that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 08:31 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Okay, LJ just wondering the point of the Killed part of this. I know you are angry and that is justified. My only point is that I think some of it might be misdirected anger. You of course have a right to your opinion I am just getting clarification.

10 Jan 2011 08:33 #13 by LadyJazzer
Gee, I suppose we could go back to McKinley and Lincoln....That's the usual procedure here...

10 Jan 2011 08:43 #14 by outdoor338
Actually LJ, your cheering on a shooter that almost took the like of a congress woman, and that killed 6 people, you seem to be enjoying the shooting more then anyone on 285, all you're doing is pimping the shooting on your behalf so you can spout your hate speech..your just as bad as the shooter.

10 Jan 2011 09:05 #15 by Blazer Bob

cydl wrote: Yep - Reagan was indeed shot by a nutbar. And it was the Reagan administration who eviscerated mental health care.

"The Community Mental Health Act of 1963 (CMHA) (also known as the Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act, Public Law 88-164, or the Mental Retardation and Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act of 1963) was an act to provide federal funding for community mental health centers. This legislation was passed as part of John F. Kennedy's New Frontier. It led to considerable deinstitutionalization.

In 1955, Congress passed the Mental Health Study Act, leading to the establishment of the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Mental Health. That Commission issued a report in 1961[1], which would become the basis of the 1963 Act.[2]

The CMHA provided grants to states for the establishment of local mental health centers, under the overview of the National Institute of Mental Health. The NIH also conducted a study involving adequacy in mental health issues. The purpose of the CMHA was to provide for community-based care, as an alternative to institutionalization. However, some states saw this as an excuse to close expensive state hospitals without spending some of the money on community-based care."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_ ... Health_Act

10 Jan 2011 09:05 #16 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: Actually LJ, your cheering on a shooter that almost took the like of a congress woman, and that killed 6 people, you seem to be enjoying the shooting more then anyone on 285, all you're doing is pimping the shooting on your behalf so you can spout your hate speech..your just as bad as the shooter.

Can you point out, specifically, where LJ has cheered on the shooter? I've read through this thread and have not seen one post where she has cheered on the shooter.

10 Jan 2011 09:06 #17 by Whatevergreen

10 Jan 2011 09:10 #18 by LadyJazzer

10 Jan 2011 09:24 #19 by Beeks
Doesn't matter. Outdoor said it, so it must be true.

10 Jan 2011 09:29 #20 by Residenttroll returns
Her cheering begin with her first post on Saturday. She was celebrating by making statements that he was a product of some Bible carrying gun toting conservative rhetoric - which has been debunked. Looney Jerk had revealed the left's talking points moments after the blood was splattered.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds