Pima County Sheriff Sets Off Debate on Price of Free Speech

09 Jan 2011 22:53 #11 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: You keep running that play-book...

Is that the best you got? Like I said, you are a waste of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2011 22:54 - 09 Jan 2011 22:56 #12 by archer

conifermtman wrote: www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/09/pima...e-price-free-speech/

"I think we're the tombstone of the United States of America," Dupnik said of The Granite State, which a day earlier he called the “Mecca” of hatred and bigotry. "To try to inflame the public on a daily basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week has impact on people, especially who are unbalanced personalities to begin with."

This sheriff is a total dunce. Everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion. But blaming free speech for this shooting is ludicrous. Just another effort to silence the tea-party which is what you would expect from a Democrat and that is who Sheriff Dupnik is, a Democrat.

He has been sheriff in Tucson for 28 years, a predominantly Republican town (as is Arizona) I think he knows more about what goes on in tucson, and the political climate there than you do. Sure, everyone has the right to voice an opinion, but with free speech comes responsibility. If you yell FIRE in a crowded theatre, there are consequences.....if you use hateful rhetoric in a political campaign, designed to fire up your base to hate the opposition, there are consequences. But I guess you don't believe much in personal responsibility for one's actions and one's words.....most especially if you are a high profile politician such as Sarah Palin and the Tea Party.

The campaign against this congresswoman was one of the ugliest I have ever seen.......no holds barred, call her every name in the book.....ads on TV that were outright lies and bordered on slander. the sheriff knows of what he speaks.

09 Jan 2011 22:55 - 09 Jan 2011 22:57 #13 by Residenttroll returns
Even though the chief law enforcement official in Pima County has no evidence linking political rhetoric to the suspected shooter's motive, he still said there was “no doubt in my mind that when a number of people night and day try to inflame the public, that there’s going to be some consequences from doing that and I think it’s irresponsible to do that. Breitbart

Megyn Kelly put the screws to this dumb!$$ sheriff today.

http://www.breitbart.tv/megyn-kelly-hol ... -shooting/

can you say retirement?

09 Jan 2011 22:56 #14 by LadyJazzer

conifermtman wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: You keep running that play-book...

Is that the best you got? Like I said, you are a waste of time.

Like I said, so are you.... You keep running that play-book...

09 Jan 2011 22:56 #15 by conifermtman

archer wrote:

conifermtman wrote: www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/09/pima...e-price-free-speech/

"I think we're the tombstone of the United States of America," Dupnik said of The Granite State, which a day earlier he called the “Mecca” of hatred and bigotry. "To try to inflame the public on a daily basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week has impact on people, especially who are unbalanced personalities to begin with."

This sheriff is a total dunce. Everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion. But blaming free speech for this shooting is ludicrous. Just another effort to silence the tea-party which is what you would expect from a Democrat and that is who Sheriff Dupnik is, a Democrat.

He has been sheriff in Tucson for 28 years, a predominantly Republican town (as is Arizona) I think he knows more about what goes on in tucson, and the political climate there than you do. Sure, everyone has the right to voice an opinion, but with free speech comes responsibility. If you yell FIRE in a crowded theatre, there are consequences.....if you use hateful rhetoric in a political campaign, designed to fire up your base to hate the opposition, there are consequences. But I guess you don't believe much in personal responsibility for one's actions and one's words.....most especially if you are a high profile politician such as Sarah Palin and the Tea Party.

Do you believe the Tea-Party and anyone else who disagreed with the congresswoman is to blame for her being shot as the sheriff alludes to?

09 Jan 2011 22:59 #16 by archer

conifermtman wrote:

archer wrote:

Do you believe the Tea-Party and anyone else who disagreed with the congresswoman is to blame for her being shot as the sheriff alludes to?

Don't you think it is suspicious that after being re-elected many times in this district, this time, after the tea party attacked her so viciously, her office was attacked right after she was elected? And now this.....yeah, I think the climate of hate from this last election will have long reaching consequences. No one can say for sure, but I'll bet the sheriff has more information than we do.

09 Jan 2011 23:04 #17 by conifermtman

archer wrote:

conifermtman wrote:

archer wrote:

Don't you think it is suspicious that after being re-elected many times in this district, this time, after the tea party attacked her so viciously, her office was attacked right after she was elected? And now this.....yeah, I think the climate of hate from this last election will have long reaching consequences. No one can say for sure, but I'll bet the sheriff has more information than we do.

Climate of hate, Democrats get faced with opponents willing to take them on head on and the Dems whine that they have to answer tough questions. What a bunch of pussies. When the next election cycle comes around this sheriffs political career is dead. He will be clearly in the cross hairs of the Tea-party. He is going down in the next election cycle. I will make an effort to donate to his opponent. Now I bet you will call that hate too.

09 Jan 2011 23:07 #18 by Residenttroll returns
Climate of left hate
[youtube:1f7vn83t]
[/youtube:1f7vn83t]

09 Jan 2011 23:10 #19 by Residenttroll returns
Keith Olbermann...king of left hate...

[youtube:1y6v33ep]
[/youtube:1y6v33ep]

09 Jan 2011 23:11 #20 by archer

conifermtman wrote: [Climate of hate, Democrats get faced with opponents willing to take them on head on and the Dems whine that they have to answer tough questions. What a bunch of pussies. When the next election cycle comes around this sheriffs political career is dead. He will be clearly in the cross hairs of the Tea-party. He is going down in the next election cycle. I will make an effort to donate to his opponent. Now I bet you will call that hate too.

Nope, just dumb. You apparently understand little of what went on in Arizona this election cycle, it wasn't Tea Party tough questions (they never asked any questions) the Tea Party rolled in here....with their corporate money and national agenda and tried to tell the locals who they should vote for.....supplied money to her opposition for TV ads that were some of the worst hateful ads I have ever seen. And the local Republicans rejected them.......pure and simple, this state said thanks, but no thanks, take your hateful agenda elsewhere. And good for the Republicans, they stood up for what they believed.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds