Dems using Tucson shooting to Stifle Free Speech

10 Jan 2011 07:44 #1 by Grady
Rep. Robert Brady (D-Pa.) reportedly plans to introduce legislation that would make it a federal crime to use language or symbols that could be perceived as threatening or inciting violence against a federal official or member of Congress.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -lawmakers .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 08:07 #2 by cydl
Seems to me that rather than stifle free speech they should do something new and unprecedented - like DO THEIR JOB!

10 Jan 2011 08:18 #3 by outdoor338

10 Jan 2011 08:35 #4 by LadyJazzer

cydl wrote: Seems to me that rather than stifle free speech they should do something new and unprecedented - like DO THEIR JOB!

Yes, it's their own fault. They "brought it on themselves" by "not doing their jobs" (according to the right-wing wackos...) That gives someone the right to shoot them.

10 Jan 2011 08:42 #5 by outdoor338
actually LJ, your cheering on a shooter that almost took the like of a congress woman, and that killed 6 people, you seem to be enjoying the shooting more then anyone on 285, all you're doing is pimping the shooting on your behalf so you can spout your hate speech..your just as bad as the shooter.

10 Jan 2011 08:46 #6 by cydl
I'm not saying that anyone has the right to shoot them. I'm simply saying that if they spent more time doing what they're elected to do rather than engaging in partisan bickering that perhaps the general public would be less angry. And, if the rhetoric from both sides is dialed down quite a bit these border-nut jobs would have less incitement to do what this kid did. That's all. I take no political side, LJ. I'm sorry that you feel I'm trying to incite. That is not my intent.

10 Jan 2011 08:47 #7 by Rick

outdoor338 wrote: actually LJ, your cheering on a shooter that almost took the like of a congress woman, and that killed 6 people, you seem to be enjoying the shooting more then anyone on 285, all you're doing is pimping the shooting on your behalf so you can spout your hate speech..your just as bad as the shooter.

I would say she is about as ignorant, but not as bad. She fails to realize people like this shooter and John Hinkley have serious mental problems yet they will try to find political reasons for their insanity. With that last ass kicking election, they have nothing left but tragedies like this to make illogical points. very sad.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Jan 2011 08:50 #8 by Beeks
One jack-wagon Representative "reportedly" plans to introduce a bill that will certainly go nowhere. How exactly is this the Democrats trying to stifle free speech? There's extreme idiots on both sides of the aisle that introduce ridiculous legislation almost every day, that's a reflection on their own idiocy, not of the entire political party that they happen to belong to.

10 Jan 2011 08:52 #9 by Beeks
How in the world do you interpret LJ's comment as cheering on a shooter? Can't see obvious sarcasm when it hits you upside the head?

10 Jan 2011 08:57 #10 by LadyJazzer

Beeks wrote: How in the world do you interpret LJ's comment as cheering on a shooter? Can't see obvious sarcasm when it hits you upside the head?

I'm still looking for that "sarcasm" icon... But some are really thick if you don't do: [sarcasm][/sarcasm]

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds