Dems using Tucson shooting to Stifle Free Speech

12 Jan 2011 10:20 #31 by HEARTLESS
Hey LJ, there is action and reaction. Look who started all the "its their fault" crap. PS (try the mirror).

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 11:56 #32 by LadyJazzer
I made no comment... I just figured if someone here was crass enough to start posting about how one side was using it, then certainly the Tea Party Express deserved equal recognition.

12 Jan 2011 16:18 #33 by Rockdoc

LadyJazzer wrote:

cydl wrote: Seems to me that rather than stifle free speech they should do something new and unprecedented - like DO THEIR JOB!

Yes, it's their own fault. They "brought it on themselves" by "not doing their jobs" (according to the right-wing wackos...) That gives someone the right to shoot them.

That has nothing to do with speech. Someone may consider your expression threatening too and therefor legislate to ban it. Where does this asinine bullsh** stop? If I paint a bulls eye on a map, someone somewhere may consider it threatening because of the association they make not because I made it threatening. Once again they are missing the point. It's all about how you want to portray something rather than with reality. The real "wackos" are those who spend their time legislating against every perceived threat real or imagined. If that is doing their job, then we need lots of help.

12 Jan 2011 18:07 #34 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote:

cydl wrote: Seems to me that rather than stifle free speech they should do something new and unprecedented - like DO THEIR JOB!

Yes, it's their own fault. They "brought it on themselves" by "not doing their jobs" (according to the right-wing wackos...) That gives someone the right to shoot them.

Ok get something straight, I am a republican, but far from being a wacho as you put it. And if anyone is to blame it is not the right or the left or anyone other the the nutjob that made a choice to buy a gun to use in the act of a crime. That simple. Nothing more to it.

12 Jan 2011 18:08 #35 by Rick

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds