AZ GOP officials resigning due to Tea Party death threats

12 Jan 2011 12:04 #1 by Something the Dog Said
"Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

In an e-mail sent a few hours after Saturday's massacre in Tucson that killed six and injured 13, including U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Miller told state Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen he was quitting: "Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home? So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/ahwa ... z1AqiNChB2

Also:

The newly-elected Dist. 20 Republican secretary, Sophia Johnson of Ahwatukee, first vice chairman Roger Dickinson of Tempe and Jeff Kolb, the former district spokesman from Ahwatukee, also quit. "This singular focus on 'getting' Anthony (Miller) was one of the main reasons I chose to resign," Kolb said in an e-mail to another party activist. Kolb confirmed the contents of the e-mail to the Republic.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/ahwa ... z1AqiWLG1s

The first and only African-American to hold the party's precinct chairmanship, Miller said he has been called "McCain's boy," and during the campaign saw a critic form his hand in the shape of a gun and point it at him.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/ahwa ... z1Aqie9ORj

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 13:15 #2 by Rick
I'm sure every member of congress gets the same crap almost daily...they do have an 11% approval rating. Just because someone resigns, that does not mean they were in any more danger than other government officials. If everyone who got hate mail resigned, we would have no government.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Jan 2011 13:32 #3 by HEARTLESS
This very touching story almost had me to tears, then I realized we don't have to let idiots finish their terms and endure the delay between election cycles. :lol:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 13:37 #4 by LadyJazzer

HEARTLESS wrote: This very touching story almost had me to tears, then I realized we don't have to let idiots finish their terms and endure the delay between election cycles. :lol:

Yes, you can probably find some right-wing whack-job to go kill them...That would shorten the delay between election cycles. (That's part of the problem now!)

Interesting philosophy on the Right: "We don't like what they believe, so let's go kill them...."

12 Jan 2011 13:43 #5 by Grady
If you read the story there seems to be much more to the story than death threats. In fact death threats is not even mentioned. The only mention of Tea Party is that

Tea Party and associated conservative groups ran their slate of candidates for seven Dist. 20 leadership positions, winning three -- the treasurer's post and two vice-chairmanships.

Just party politics, and a RINO looking to put the blame else ware.

12 Jan 2011 13:47 #6 by FredHayek
Sound like these politicians can't handle the heat, just as likely to have Lefty moonbats kill them if you look at polical assasinations throughout history.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds