Message to the lefties

14 Jan 2011 10:26 #11 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Message to the lefties

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote: Do you think the same thing of those who took political advantage of the 9/11 tragedy?

Look Scruffy, people have been taking advantage of tragedy since the beginning of man.

The progressive left is so emotional about their loss of power and control they are like a drunk in a bar that gets rebuffed by a beautiful woman, and then picks a fight and just starts swinging at everyone. Then all of sudden, the bouncer delivers aswift punch in the face and kicks his @#$ out the bar door. The party continues without the drunk.

This particular thread is intended for the left, as the title clearly states. My point is that both sides take political advantage tragedies. According to the original post in this thread, that makes both sides dupe-niks.

Tell me how the right is taking advantage of this tragedy. Within moments of the shooting taking place, the right and conservatives have been in defense mode.

But hey, no one from the right got a 31 share in TV ratings either. It's Obama's OKC.

I didn't say the right has taken advantage of this tragedy.

So you would agree that the left is milking this tragedy?

I would say that both sides exploit tragedies for their own political gain. Is that a new development? No.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 12:21 #12 by Local_Historian
I thought this was about left handed people - NVM, move on, nothing to see here.

14 Jan 2011 13:46 #13 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Message to the lefties
travelin' girl wrote:

Just sayin'...

If you're "just sayin", you're being redundant. You already said it. Although in your case, you didn't say it, you took it from someone else.

14 Jan 2011 18:10 #14 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Message to the lefties
I believe Obama's poll numbers will go up after his memorial speech/rally. Never seen so many happy cheering people at a memorial and it was all because of Obama's words (which I agreed with) but it did seem like he was boosting his image in the face of a tragedy. jmo

And yes I know Bush made a speech after 9/11 but it was much more somber and only applause at the end. (instead or 53 standing "Os".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Jan 2011 18:27 #15 by Residenttroll returns
Just remember 31 TV Share....

14 Jan 2011 18:38 #16 by Something the Dog Said

CriticalBill wrote: I believe Obama's poll numbers will go up after his memorial speech/rally. Never seen so many happy cheering people at a memorial and it was all because of Obama's words (which I agreed with) but it did seem like he was boosting his image in the face of a tragedy. jmo

And yes I know Bush made a speech after 9/11 but it was much more somber and only applause at the end. (instead or 53 standing "Os".

The applause was for the intern who saved Gifford's life, the surgeons who worked heroically to save her and the other victims, for the individual who stopped the gunman and for the positive remembrances of the unfortunates who were killed and wounded. Most memorials for individuals are not just to mourn their death, but also to celebrate their life that was cut short. Unfortunately a few bitter conservatives prefer to condemn a call for unity and healing for partisan reasons.

Have you ever been to an Irish wake, by the way?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds