Getting America back to work

15 Jan 2011 10:12 #1 by Mayhem
Why is it that the only jobs that libs can create fall into the parasitic category? Govt. jobs, union jobs, social services etc etc etc. They cannot come up with jobs that yield new blood into the economy. They latch on to a loaf produced and pass it around themselves pulling a piece off at a time till it's gone then steal another loaf. They are the remoras of society. The reason they have no ability to create anything new is they have been taught how not to think creatively. They have been taught the party line and how to repeat it. Their default is to always spend other people's money. They resent those who can make something from nothing so they spend their time blocking productive people from producing because they envy them. They run MLMs and other ponzi schemes like social security. If one of their ilk does start something that mirrors a legitimate manufacturer, they will either get their buddies in govt. to pass a law that uses taxpayer money to subsidize it or a law to force people to buy whatever they are churning out. They have the exact same effect on any society as cancer does on the body of a living creature and left unchecked will yield the same result.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2011 10:50 #2 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Getting America back to work
Good post!

Watch out. Here comes the attacks!!!

I'm glad to see that someone else has noticed that in 2 years that putting Americans back to work has not been a priority of this administration.

Hmmm, lets see, Napolitano works at protecting the border in Afghanistan, but drops the virtual fence project for our border. A trip paid for by the taxpayers.
( Doesn't the first part fall under Hillary's Job Description? )

Napolitano quote Biblical passages at the Arizona Memorial ceremony instead of talking about present laws about murder.

I know, my outrages of the day, LJ.

15 Jan 2011 12:03 #3 by Photo-fish
THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK BUT A RESPONSE. IF YOU CONSIDER THIS AS ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM

Baileyboy wrote: They cannot come up with jobs that yield new blood into the economy.

You mean like alternative energy source jobs? Lots of support from conservatives in this sector eh?

Baileyboy wrote: They have been taught the party line and how to repeat it.

rofllol Stop, yer killing me... Please review the cut and paste, party line thread topics created lately by th right. If that is not parroting a party line, I don't know what is, and yes BOTH sides are definately guilty of this.

Baileyboy wrote: They run MLMs and other ponzi schemes

<Sarcasm>Purely a Liberal trait!<Sarcasm> :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

15 Jan 2011 12:18 #4 by Nmysys

You mean like alternative energy source jobs? Lots of support from conservatives in this sector eh?

But you do know that it is the left that wants to tell us that we have to drive what they say instead of allowing people to make their own choices, right?

I believe it is the left that hugs the trees and tells us we can't drill where we have oil in our own country.

I believe it was the left that stopped the offshore drilling for 6 months and put so many people out of jobs, basically destroying the tourism of a great part of our country.

Alternative energy jobs? How about jobs for other fields? Has the administration even made any attempts at declaring jobs to even be a priority? It seems to me that they just threw more money at putting people on the government teats by adding two more years to unemployment compensation rather than tackling the problem.

15 Jan 2011 12:21 #5 by Photo-fish

Nmysys wrote:

But you do know that it is the left that wants to tell us that we have to drive what they say instead of allowing people to make their own choices, right?

I believe it is the left that hugs the trees and tells us we can't drill where we have oil in our own country.

I believe it was the left that stopped the offshore drilling for 6 months and put so many people out of jobs, basically destroying the tourism of a great part of our country.

Alternative energy jobs? How about jobs for other fields? Has the administration even made any attempts at declaring jobs to even be a priority? It seems to me that they just threw more money at putting people on the government teats by adding two more years to unemployment compensation rather than tackling the problem.

Great, start a topic about those things. I am addressing the short comings of Baileyboys post.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

15 Jan 2011 13:52 #6 by Nmysys
Well, my friend, I hope still, you did bring up the subject of alternative energy jobs.

Packers?????

15 Jan 2011 15:00 #7 by Soulshiner
Steve Jobs is a democrat and a liberal and I'd say he has created quite a few jobs and added a lot to the economy.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

15 Jan 2011 16:02 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Getting America back to work
George Soros is a big liberal too, I hear he employs quite a few ladies for his personal needs.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jan 2011 16:11 #9 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Getting America back to work

Photo-fish wrote: THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK BUT A RESPONSE. IF YOU CONSIDER THIS AS ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS YOUR OWN PROBLEM

Baileyboy wrote: They cannot come up with jobs that yield new blood into the economy.

Baileyboy wrote: They have been taught the party line and how to repeat it.

rofllol Stop, yer killing me... Please review the cut and paste, party line thread topics created lately by th right. If that is not parroting a party line, I don't know what is, and yes BOTH sides are definately guilty of this.

Baileyboy wrote: They run MLMs and other ponzi schemes

<Sarcasm>Purely a Liberal trait!<Sarcasm> :Whistle

First off the fact that you preface your remarks with a disclaimer as to your intent goes to your own mind at the time of writing.

Alternative energy being pursued the way it is in this country is a joke. The only green energy that doesn't need to be backed up by conventional methods is hydro-electric generation and geothermal generation. Both are proven and short of a major drought or a shift in tectonic plates they will work 24/365. Problem with both is they are regional. The only truly green power source is man made electricity using nuclear. But of course the ignorant will do everything possible to prevent this energy source from being maximized in this country because it doesn't jive with their warped view of the world. So when they claim to be concerned about climate change being caused by hydrocarbon combustion and carbon dioxide emissions they are full of it. Their ultimate goal is to cripple productivity.
Hydrogen is the only viable alternative to gasoline/diesel. The problem that is faced with hydrogen is effective cheap production of the product in quantities commensurate with the national demand. The only way this could be done is with nuclear electricity. The other major issue with hydrogen is coming up with an IPOS (idiot-proof point of service) delivery infrastructure. They still haven't figured out self-service for filling your propane bottle. When developing any new energy delivery system the ever diminishing national IQ mean has to weighed into the equation as long as we insist on continuing to allow lawyers to tell us how we are going to live and conduct commerce.

This is where viable "alternative energy" ends. All other products be it wind, solar, ethanol have already been proven to not be self-sustaining and therefore have no future unless continually subsidized by an external source of revenue, in the case of America that is the indentured taxpayer. Take away the subsidy and they implode. That isn't a theory, just a fact. Wind doesn't blow 24/365, neither does the sun shine 24/365. The products are not produced in large enough quantities to bring down unit cost, therefore they remain out of reach for the hoi polloi. They are still nothing but a tool to appease and silence the rabids of the climate conspiracy religion.

This was best exposed when Siemens hoodwinked themselves when they insisted on buying their competition ARCO Solar. Only years after their acquisition did their bean counters figure out it was nothing more than a subsidized facade created by Atlantic Richfield to get the tree huggers off their case in the Alaska oil fields. No different than the anti smoking campaigns created by Phillip Morris and R.J. Reynolds. It is all about the manipulation of the morons. Read Bernays if you want to get a better understanding of mass manipulation.

You refer to conservatives. You need to stop interchanging the words Republican and conservative. It is a fact that some Republicans are conservative in their values and beliefs but not all. Some are as liberal as any liberal on the left side of the aisle. Sure I would agree that their are Republicans who would totally endorse the use of taxpayer money to subsidize alternative energy in their district if it would directly or indirectly fill the coffers of friends, family or donors. Hypocrisy is not the sole province of the left. Just as there are Democrats who are totally opposed to this misuse of taxpayer money.

People who create and run ponzi schemes and scams are criminals. They are people without a moral compass and have narcissistic personalities. They are therefore by definition the antithesis of a conservative.

15 Jan 2011 18:11 #10 by pineinthegrass

Baileyboy wrote: Why is it that the only jobs that libs can create fall into the parasitic category? Govt. jobs, union jobs, social services etc etc etc. They cannot come up with jobs that yield new blood into the economy.

Steve Jobs was already mentioned. Did you also forget Bill Gates? Just those two were instrumental (with others too) in creating two huge new industries, plus other spin offs. How about the motion picture industry, if not the entire entertainment industry including most TV? Your initial premise seems so flawed that it kind of kills the rest of your arguement.

And calling Social Security a Ponzi scheme is a real push. How many Ponzi schemes can you think of that have lasted over 70 years while paying every dime promised?

Social Security is more of a government run annuity. New "members" (workers) pay for a lot of the benefits for those collecting them. There are differences, but it's still similar to private insurance run annuities. Do you consider them Ponzi schemes too?

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds