C.R.O.P. - COMMUNICATIONS CENTER

02 Feb 2011 17:03 #21 by AV8OR
UPDATE:

The County Commissioners were served with a letter requesting that they cease the continuance of the new building to house the communications infrastructure. We merely requested that they call for a voter referendum.

They received the letter and have till Thursday to tell the citizens to "pack sand."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2011 20:20 #22 by navycpo7
I would be interested only if it is NOT linked to any political party

02 Feb 2011 21:59 #23 by AV8OR

navycpo7 wrote: I would be interested only if it is NOT linked to any political party

Fair enough Chief!

It is only linked to the people that demand a pause and an opportunity to have a voice. Nothing more.

03 Feb 2011 10:12 #24 by Ronbo

AV8OR wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: I would be interested only if it is NOT linked to any political party

Fair enough Chief!

It is only linked to the people that demand a pause and an opportunity to have a voice. Nothing more.

The people had a voice when they elected the county commisioners. And if the people do not like how they perform their duties they can elect someone else in the next election.

03 Feb 2011 18:26 #25 by AV8OR
Thanks for your opinion Ronbo! Isn't America a great country?

03 Feb 2011 18:42 #26 by Sundance
There are many who did not vote for these clowns. It was enough of the good ole' boys who got these clowns in. This issue cannot be postponed until the next election. The extra 100 beds in the money draining jail was never given to the people to be voted on. It was presented as a money maker & look where it is now, along with the true cover up of what is going on there. The telling of mistruths about contracts with the state which do not excist.

It makes me laugh calling it a building to house a comm center. Douglas County has it's comm center right next to the training room in the court house. Only a long drape/curtin over the windows separates the 2 rooms. Same with Breckenridge. Sheriff's office. Court house. I have personally worked in a P.D. where the state of the art comm center was moved into another smaller building.

Until they can justify a building of this size. It simply cannot go forward. It will be another money drainer for the taxpayers of Park County.

03 Feb 2011 19:11 #27 by Nmysys
Ronbo:

Does this mean that you are willing to pay additional taxes to pay for this proposed 8500 sq. ft. bldg just to house the communications equipment that could fit in a closet?

Is it your opinion that we should just accept anything the Commissioners want to spend our tax dollars on and then in 2012 hope that enough people will vote for a change, while the County Commissioners spend all that they can on whatever they want?

09 Feb 2011 16:43 #28 by Nmysys
We are almost finished preparing the filing for Federal Court. In case you are not aware of this, last week on Tuesday the Commissioners and County Attorney Lee Phillips received a Letter of Intent To File in Federal Court with three days notice as a courtesy gesture, asking them to respond and cease going forward with Building a new building to house the Communications Equipment. AV8OR and myself went to the Board of Commissioners meeting and were completely ignored. Since they have not responded in any fashion, we are GOING AHEAD with the filing. In a meeting at my home 10 days ago, interested parties present all agreed that we would prepare the Suit and then take it to the Attorney to review it, in order to make absolutely sure that we left no loopholes or reasons for it to be denied.

Now for the difficult part. That is that we need to raise some more money to go forward. When we first filed for an injunction in District Court we had some people put up some money to help us cover the expenses of filing. We have raised some money but we need to raise at least another $250 to cover the first few hours of having the attorney review everything ASAP. Please help us stop this wasteful spending on the part of the Park County Commissioners!!

10 Feb 2011 10:10 #29 by AV8OR
[center:ghkb5fj4]WE NEED YOU:[/center:ghkb5fj4]

All we need to get this project of the ground is $240.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far. To date, we have raised $510. We need $750 to get started with the attorney review and the Federal filing fees.

Let's toss the hat around and let's see if we can raise $240 be SUNDAY!

What do I hear from the group? Who will start off the bidding?

10 Feb 2011 13:24 #30 by Prfsnl52
I'm in for $50

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds