C.R.O.P. - COMMUNICATIONS CENTER

19 Jan 2011 17:37 - 02 Feb 2011 17:00 #1 by AV8OR
Back in August of 2010, a loosely organized group of citizens created a "citizens group" with shared concerns within Park County.

Citizens for the Reform Of Park county.

Today, there is a common interest that folks, within AND outside Park County, share.

Would you support this organization under the following assumptions:

1.) It created SEPARATE causes limited to one subject, and
2.) The funds raised for ONLY that particular cause was used SOLELY for that purpose, and
3.) The escrow account had a group of people (Voted in) to oversee the account and the operations of the cause?

I throw this out in full disclosure in hopes that more people that are interested in SPECIFIC causes would participate. This organiation is not about me or any ONE other individual. It is about YOU and every other person that has a stake in how YOUR government is being run.

To take this a step further, we could create a Political Action Committee (PAC) that is NOT limited to only Park County. It would use the C.R.O.P. nomenclature for Park and then perhaps something other similar name for Jefferson County or even Colorado state causes.

Thoughts?

LJ and Xmas P_rn and others, please feel free to comment. Perhaps, you would want to be on the finance committee to oversee the fiduciary responsibility of the funds?

AGAIN, this is not a group that is solely interested in Park County concerns and a sole issue of recalling certain folks.

It is about getting government to hear what YOU, collectively, want them to hear.

Please chime in....

Christopher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jan 2011 17:48 #2 by Nmysys
I am assuming that an explanation is necessary. Since C.R.O.P. has already been formed and is the shell of a PAC, we are talking about today's issue of stopping the Comm center from proceeding in Park County. We believe strongly that we have found the solution today and have decided that the PAC, if focused on one issue at a time, can be the vehicle to quickly put a stop to the runaway, unnecessary spending of the Park County government.

Please give us your input and determine the extent that you are willing to get involved in the process.

20 Jan 2011 05:41 #3 by V_A
It would depend upon the criteria used to determine which issues fight. I would be most interested in how an issue is picked and how the opposition is messaged.

If the intent is to chase after Park County officials because so & so heard a rumor, count me out. If the intent is to have citizens speak out about issues like the comm center then I would consider supporting CROP.

20 Jan 2011 07:00 #4 by Nmysys
We are asking because we would like to use the shell of C.R.O.P. already formed as a P.A.C., to garner the support to go after the Comm. Center. All funds accepted are guaranteed to be used only for that project.

20 Jan 2011 07:49 #5 by 285_Corridor_Tea_Party
Prehaps a member of your group would like a few minutes to speak at one of our meetings? You might find we have much in common. We are meeting tonight 7:00 pm at Beaver Ranch.

20 Jan 2011 08:47 #6 by Nmysys
I was planning on talking about it a little in my remarks.

20 Jan 2011 08:52 #7 by ComputerBreath
I am very interested in helping however I can. I am not really political...as a matter of fact I describe myself as a-political; however, I am concerned about the county I live in and would like to get more involved.

I also have little to no knowledge of any rules or laws. But I'm willing to learn.

I do have limitations: 1) I work full time in Breckenridge, Mon thru Fri so any meetings or gatherings during the workweek wouldn't work for me. 2) I cannot drive at all at night...I have night blindness 3) I am a single person supporting two college aged boys and paying all my bills by myself, so my funds are limited

20 Jan 2011 09:42 #8 by Nmysys
Computer Breath:

Not all contributions to this have to be financial. We all have a voice, opinions and strengths in different aspects that can be of assistance in this endeavor. The truth of the matter is that this actually is not a political issue. It is an economic issue and if not checked, will cost us all in the form of taxation and other fees that they can create to cover the cost of this project and others that they dream up.

Since you work in Breckenridge I am assuming that you live in South Park. Will you we willing to call me so we can discuss this?

20 Jan 2011 10:38 #9 by MamaRama
If this group is truely about getting the County to pay attention to what WE THE PEOPLE have to say then you can count the Papa and I in. We will help where we can. However if this is going to be a group whose main focus is to do NOTHING but BITCH AND WHINE or go on HEAD HUNTING MISSION'S then we won't be involved. I know Park County needs change badly, but i'm not too familiar on what's going on in Jefferson County.

20 Jan 2011 11:59 #10 by Nmysys
MamaRama:

We are primarily talking about using this group to stop the Park County Comm center. Further issues that come up will be brought before the group to determine if there is support for them.

I hope you are coming to the Tea Party Meeting this evening. I will explain everything further at that time.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds