Clarence Thomas failed to report wife's income for 13 years

24 Jan 2011 19:30 #1 by LadyJazzer

Clarence Thomas failed to report wife's income, watchdog says
Virginia Thomas earned over $680,000 from conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation over five years, a group says. But Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas did not include it on financial disclosure forms.

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has corrected financial disclosures for the past 13 years that omitted his wife’s employment.

Letters amending the reports, released by the court on Monday, show that Virginia Thomas has worked for Michigan’s Hillsdale College, the Heritage Foundation and the Republican leadership in the House.

Her employment was previously known, but Thomas neglected to include it, as required, on the report of his personal finances that he files annually, along with all other federal judges. Thomas blamed the error on misunderstanding the filing instructions.

The annual report asks only for the source, not the amount, of money earned by a spouse, and Thomas did not provide his wife’s income. Thomas included his wife’s employment until 1996. Common Cause pointed out the omissions last week.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_pol ... ald.com%29

Interesting... There apparently wasn't a "misunderstanding" through 1996, but for 13 years he didn't report it because he "misunderstood"? I guess all that legalese and law-stuff that requires the reporting must be confusing for him...I mean, him being a Supreme Court Justice and all.... :bash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2011 21:37 #2 by daisypusher
Those damn government filing instructions... There ought to be a court ruling.....

24 Jan 2011 22:42 #3 by conifermtman
Maybe we can find where he cheated on his taxes too? Must be a slow day for LJ with no shootings to falsely accuse some group of influencing.

24 Jan 2011 23:35 #4 by Residenttroll returns
At least he filed something....what did Timmy file?

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds