Hawaii Gov. Admits There Are No Obama Birth Records In Hawai

26 Jan 2011 13:58 #11 by Nmysys
It sure doesn't take long for the story to change. On the Audio that I posted he doesn't just say it once, he elaborates, then it is reported that he misspoke.

Does anyone other than me think there is even more to the story now than was reported either time?

Shades of Clintonian days!! There is nothing like the power of the office.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 14:00 #12 by outdoor338

26 Jan 2011 15:37 #13 by archer
I'm sure there is more to this story.... this dude decides to make himself appear more important than he is and lie to get his 15 minutes of fame......people do it all the time, make stuff up to support their own opinions, we see it here from conservatives everyday. Truth doesn't matter anymore, only bolstering your own party's propaganda.

26 Jan 2011 15:43 #14 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, kind of like a James O'Keefe documentary on ACORN...

rofllol :lol:

26 Jan 2011 21:39 #15 by LadyJazzer

Mike Evans Now Says He Never Spoke To Hawaii’s Gov. About Obama’s Birth Certificate

Last week, celebrity journalist Mike Evans told KQRS a story we suspected would stir up a bit of attention: that Hawaii governor Neil Abercrombie (pictured) – who has taken a strong, very public stance against birthers’ claim that President Barack Obama may have not been born in the U.S. and is thus ineligible to be president – confided in him that he could not procure a copy of Obama’s birth certificate.

Now, Evans is telling Fox News that he is “remorseful and embarrassed” that he gave the impression that such a conversation had transpired and is calling his previous statement an “accident”.

Evans also says he has, in fact, not spoken with Abercrombie since he has become governor.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mike-eva ... rtificate/

Wow...

Nmysys wrote: Does anyone other than me think there is even more to the story now than was reported either time?

No...

27 Jan 2011 08:42 #16 by pineinthegrass
I think the new Hawaii governor opened up a real can of worms when he publically announced he would investigate this. Now if he shuts up, or fails to produce anything, it just adds fuel to the fire instead of resolving anything.

The fact that he hasn't said anything concrete leads me to believe that they didn't find the original birth certificate. If he can't legally show it, fine. But at least make it clear if they found it.

And if they can't find it, then it completely contridicts what was announced before
by the Hawaii registrar of vital statistics and another official...

The Associated Press quoted Chiyome Fukino as saying that both she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

Fukino also was quoted by several other news organizations. The Honolulu Advertiser quoted Fukino as saying the agency had been bombarded by requests, and that the registrar of statistics had even been called in at home in the middle of the night.

Honolulu Advertiser, Nov. 1 2008: "This has gotten ridiculous," state health director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said yesterday. "There are plenty of other, important things to focus on, like the economy, taxes, energy." . . . Will this be enough to quiet the doubters? "I hope so," Fukino said. "We need to get some work done."

Fukino said she has “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

27 Jan 2011 08:52 #17 by Martin Ent Inc
The name says it all, FUKino... LOL

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds