P.E. May No Longer Be A Required Course

27 Jan 2011 11:25 #11 by pineinthegrass
No kid should have to grow up without getting a volleyball thrown in their face, or some other sensitive area. :faint:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2011 11:42 #12 by The Viking

pineinthegrass wrote: No kid should have to grow up without getting a volleyball thrown in their face, or some other sensitive area. :faint:

Yes they should! And they should not keep score, or learn about competion, of learn physical contact or sports, or get tired or winded, or have any monkey bars around or any other fun things on a playground as they may get hurt. Also, they should all be put in a bubble and taught that exercise is bad and everyone is equally talented. This country is going backwards so fast!! :bash :bash

27 Jan 2011 11:48 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
Every kid on a team regardless of winning or losing should recieve a trophy..

NOT

27 Jan 2011 11:59 #14 by The Viking

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Every kid on a team regardless of winning or losing should recieve a trophy..

NOT

And they should all get A's just for trying. It's not fair to give a kid a D or F just because they don't know the material or answers.

27 Jan 2011 12:25 #15 by Grady
No P.E. will eliminate the crushing blow of “I got picked last”. Just think how that will help little Johnny’s or Susie’s self esteem.

27 Jan 2011 12:46 #16 by pineinthegrass

The Viking wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote: No kid should have to grow up without getting a volleyball thrown in their face, or some other sensitive area. :faint:

Yes they should! And they should not keep score, or learn about competion, of learn physical contact or sports, or get tired or winded, or have any monkey bars around or any other fun things on a playground as they may get hurt. Also, they should all be put in a bubble and taught that exercise is bad and everyone is equally talented. This country is going backwards so fast!! :bash :bash

I was actually agreeing with you (in a somewhat sarcastic way) but I could of worded it more clearly.

27 Jan 2011 12:46 #17 by pineinthegrass

Grady wrote: No P.E. will eliminate the crushing blow of “I got picked last”. Just think how that will help little Johnny’s or Susie’s self esteem.

No more athlete's foot either...

27 Jan 2011 14:24 #18 by Local_Historian

Martin Ent Inc wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: Bad idea to cut it. First they've cut recess in a lot of elementary and junior highs, now they will cut PE - when exactly will threse children run around?

Duh!

The duh is real nice, but show me how many kids are running about afer school. Not so many, so stow the duh.

27 Jan 2011 16:23 #19 by 2wlady
LocalHistorian wrote:

The duh is real nice, but show me how many kids are running about afer school. Not so many, so stow the duh.

I thought the "duh" was agreement with your question.

When I was in HS, PE was required every year. The year after I graduated, it went down to 3 years and then to 2 years.

That obesity rate will be rising. Guess we need more "Girls on the Run" and whatever the equivalent is for boys. Too bad grade school kids can't enjoy play and learning through play subconsciously. I don't know how the teachers can handle those kids that are all cooped up all day.

27 Jan 2011 19:16 #20 by Martin Ent Inc
I thought the "duh" was agreement with your question.

Yeah, snarky one.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds